• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils & Ice Gator United?

Hawg

I just looked at Nils page just out of curiosity and it says their electric auger is an Ice Gator? How long have they been together? Seems like a strange marriage, top of the line reputation and bottom of the line reputation. Opposites must attract?

Update-Now I can't find it again, I only see the 2014 Nils page. I swear I saw it this morning. 

Now I can only find this. Anybody know? Did they get together?

NILSUSA%2042V%20ICEGATOR%20ELECTRIC%20AU

I wouldn't say united.

The idea was the Nils 10" paired with Ice Gator for the electric crowd.  There really isn't a powerhead gas or electric that compares to this combination.   Not since the Tanaka 270 and 350 because they have been discontinued.  Gasp, yes you read that right.  How could that happen I don't know but hopeful they'll be manufactured again somewhere.    Ice Gator took some knocks for lack of customer support, to be exact no service for out of warranty gators.  I think they've learned from that and have changed.

Back to Nils Master.  The cordless drill/auger combo craze is here to stay.  With Makita and Milwaukee busting the 1000+ in lbs of torque and 5ahr batteries, chuck one up to a 4.5, 6, or 8" Nils and be ready to be amazed. 

I have the Nils convertible/drill auger and it is amazing. You need a good drill though. I used mine for the first time two weeks ago - my buddy brought his DeWalt 20V and I had a Craftsman 19.2 Volt. We didn't measure, but eyeballing it I would say there was about 15 inches of ice. The Nils was an ice cutting machine with the DeWalt. I had a lot of problems with my Craftsman. I wasn't able to get one hole cut and when I went to switch back to the DeWalt, there were quite a few metal shavings from it stripping the bit.

Looks like I'll be shopping for a new drill soon. But the Nils is really impressive when using the right equipment.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:39 PM, Hawg said:

I just looked at Nils page just out of curiosity and it says their electric auger is an Ice Gator? How long have they been together? Seems like a strange marriage, top of the line reputation and bottom of the line reputation. Opposites must attract?

Update-Now I can't find it again, I only see the 2014 Nils page. I swear I saw it this morning. 

Now I can only find this. Anybody know? Did they get together?

NILSUSA%2042V%20ICEGATOR%20ELECTRIC%20AU

Check out the link below. I looks fast as heck!

https://youtu.be/V0sEpYY4omM