• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Replacement rubber

Notime

Does anyone have a recommendation for new tires for their machine? I have the stock 489's and they are getting bad. I would like to get something universal as far as ice, snow, mud and trails. I am not a mudder and most of our miles are on trail or roads. Thanks!

I just put a new set of Steel ITP Deltas and Kenda Bear claws on mine.  I had the factory tires and rims from Polaris and really hated the look of chrome rims.  I went with new rims with the tires installed because when I called around the tire places around me that would do wheeler tires wanted $35 per tire for mounting.  I ended up spending around $530 to have new rims and tires shipped right to my door.  I did loose about 4-5MPH on the high end (but can still hit 60mph) with the new tires and rims, but man do they go through a lot of snow.

I did a ton of research of different tires and for me the Kenda line was perfect for my needs (Riding on gravel roads, a little mud and snow) If I rode mine a lot more I would have spent the extra money and went with the Kenda Bear claw HTR, but I don't ride that much to offset the cost. 

Here's a picture of mine with the new rims and tires

20160111_072005_resized.jpg

Cant go wrong with Bear Claws. Another that is comparable but a little more expensive is the AMS Swamp Fox. The AMS also has an option for a deeper tread and no change in tread design. The tread design changes on the Bear Claws when you go to the deeper lug.

I found Kenda Bear claws on hsolist and Amazon for $241 and $256 shipped to my door. I am leaning that way. One review said 1 1/2" lugs but that doesn't look anything close to what you have Musky. What do the lugs really measure if you don't mind? My X2 will top out around 75 according to the speedo. I don't run that hard with it, mostly topping out at 45 on the road so I won't miss the speed. Thanks guys for the help. I was wondering if these were worth the money or a waste of time. Sounds like they will work just fine for me!

I measured them last night and it's between 1/2" and 3/4".  They ride really nice on tar and gravel, no howl to them or vibration.  I've had them now for a month or so and I really like them, I wanted to test how good they are so I started to drive through drifts that were soft snow.  They plowed right through until I got hung up on the frame...  but I was going through 8"-10" no problem, and they clean out really nice with soft slushy snow. 

I would really suggest Interco radial reptiles.   Really strong tire, and is great in the snow/ice.  It doesn't have huge lugs like big mudders, so it rides smooth and isn't loud.  

I put a set of STI mudtrax on mine.  They are holding up really well, and seem really strong.  But they aren't very good on ice and have big lugs and dig in the snow and loose dirt if your not careful.  After riding a couple machines with the reptiles, I'm wishing I would have gone with them.

Check out rockymountainatv .  If your getting a tire/rim package, they ship for free and tire comes aired up and mounted on rim.  Really reasonably priced too.