• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I thought i had seen it all.

riffraff

Question

Ummm apparently not. :crazy:

iBobber is the castable fishfinder that syncs via Bluetooth Smart with iPhone 4S, 5 and 6 series, iPad, and with phones and tablets for Android" (v4.3 and later). Bluetooth Smart Technology provides a strong, low-energy connection up to 100 feet away and long battery life (eight hours). There's even more to love about the iBobber Bluetooth Fishfinder - it locates fish up to 135 feet deep and displays them on your phone with the innovative and stunning graphics of the iBobber app. The iBobber sonar and app can map the contour of a waterbed and check water temperature, weather and lunar phases. And you're sure to love that you can save details of all your fishing adventures with GPS tags and a trip log. You can even send the details to your friends back at the office. One cast and you'll be hooked. iBobber syncs with iOS 6.0, 7.0 and 8.1 operating systems (Apple). Phone and tablets for Android (v4.3), using Bluetooth Smart v4.0.

k2-_97ffb552-fb1b-4f20-ba59-dfaa65ab1779.v1.jpg

18 answers to this question

I've seen ads for something similar pop up on facebook.  What I've seen is essentially a floating ball that you drop into your ice hole.  It acts as floating transducer and you view the graph on your smartphone.  It seems to operate like your normal flasher but all you need it your phone and the ball that is about the size of a baseball.

The concept is interesting and I think the price was under $200 so it hits a price point you can't find in vexilar or marcums but you are limited by your cell phone battery.  You'd be lucky to get an hour or two of run time.  I also don't know about target separation or anything like that to know if it can compete with other traditional units. 

I'm sure more and more technology is going to go this route.

It's still sport to me. And relaxation. I had enough of the waldo/northern tourneys and blowing wads of cash on entry fees, food, gas, etc. Feet up, bobber down, dozing off......that's how I like it now. :grin:

Edited by RebelSS

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 4:49 PM, RebelSS said:

It's still sport to me. And relaxation. I had enough of the waldo/northern tourneys and blowing wads of cash on entry fees, food, gas, etc. Feet up, bobber down, dozing off......that's how I like it now. :grin:

I strongly agree with that Rebel.  :cool:

Edited by jBohmer