• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Super Bowl Predictions

reinhard1

I normally do not watch the Super Bowl.  Viking fan so if they are not in, I don't watch.  This year is different.  I want to watch Manning get one more shot at a ring.  I think Cam is a good QB, but I don't like his actions after a score and his recent racial statement sealed the deal.  He said that he is a black QB and that scares some folks.  What?  Is he the only black QB that folks are scared of?  Wilson or Bridgewater hasn't made those statements that I know of among others.  Anyway, I'll go with the Bronco's for this event.  How about you?  good luck.

Agreed, would be great to see manning go out with another Super Bowl but I don't think they can contain Cam the whole game. Denver defense keeps it close for awhile but in the end the panthers pull away. 30-17

I will be in the Broncos corner, I'd like to see Manning get another one, he's one of my all time favorites. He's won me many Fantasy Football Championships through the years lol.

I'm thinking Cam is gonna take a beating in this game like he hasn't seen yet this year. Pretty sad how he tried pulling the race card because people don't care for his antics. Someone should let him know black athletes have been around forever, he acts like he's the first one. I hope Von and Ware put the heat on him all day.

On the Panthers side I do like Kuechly though, he definitely deserves to be a champion. Jared must be pretty pumped going from a garbage team to a Super Bowl team this season.

I, too, would like Peyton to get one more ring. I think if both teams play to potential, though, Carolina runs rampant in this game. If that's the case, Allen gets a ring, and he deserves one, too. Hoping the Denver D that came out for NE is the same one that comes out for this game. If so, it'll be close. And I think Peyton drops one more deep gem in this game in a key spot...

6 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Broncos. And I hope someone flattens that garbage-spewing junk mouth "Cam" into a fig NEWTON.

This. Not sure they can pull it off though. Manning is going to need a pretty decent game to win this one hopefully he doesn't start throwing picks.

5 hours ago, RebelSS said:

I think (hope) he has the will and determination, plus the old time savvy, to show 'em all, and  "go out in style". Let's hope.

kinda like you and BEV goin out in style!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:P:lol:

boar made me say it!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Edited by smurfy

On 2/3/2016 at 2:07 PM, RebelSS said:

I think (hope) he has the will and determination, plus the old time savvy, to show 'em all, and  "go out in style". Let's hope.

Way to go Broncos, I knew ya'd do it. Way to flatten that fig NEWTON 7 times. HA! :lol:

By the way, did anyone see Newton congratulate/shake hands with Peyton?? I didn't........

Edited by RebelSS

22 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

By the way, did anyone see Newton congratulate/shake hands with Peyton?? I didn't........

Yes he did congratulate Manning on the field.  The cameras caught it, you just missed it.

I was really happy to see Manning win another title, he's about as deserving as it gets.

I would have also been fine seeing Carolina and Cam Newton win.  I know a lot of people don't like Cam for his celebrations but its football, its literally a game.  I don't see the issue with someone enjoying themselves and having a little fun while playing a game. The entire point of the NFL after all is for entertainment, it serves no other purpose.

Congrats to Manning and the Bronco Defense!!!  It was all defense on both teams.  Newton took off his superman suit after the game and put on his pouting suit with the hoodie.  He bolted out of the post game news conference.  He could have stayed there and congratulated the Broncos as the winners just like others have done before him.  But I think it's all about him  and he needs to grow up.  Manning is a class act and I think this was his last game.  He did say I'm going to drink a lot of Bud later and contemplate things but going out on top is something I think he will do.  good luck.

I attempted to like Newton yesterday.  He has an infectious smile.  I was telling my son I was trying and he told me Newton had new gold shoes and had written MVP on his socks and included his statistics for the season on the socks too.  Not my cup of tea.

1 hour ago, reinhard1 said:

Congrats to Manning and the Bronco Defense!!!  It was all defense on both teams.  Newton took off his superman suit after the game and put on his pouting suit with the hoodie.  He bolted out of the post game news conference.  He could have stayed there and congratulated the Broncos as the winners just like others have done before him.  But I think it's all about him  and he needs to grow up.  Manning is a class act and I think this was his last game.  He did say I'm going to drink a lot of Bud later and contemplate things but going out on top is something I think he will do.  good luck.

And Newton walks out of the post-game wrap, refused to answer any questions, and left. Yup, great sportsmanship and a real class act. He's a legend in his own mind. I'd have to use a line from the Breakfast Club to classify him. A neo-maxi zoomed out dweeb. On the far opposite end of the scale, Manning. True sportsmanship and an example as to what it should look like.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/07/cam-newton-exits-post-game-press-conference/?cid=eref:nbcnews:text

Edited by RebelSS

1.  refs had a very solid game.  I haven't heard or seen anything different.  Good for them and in a season and an era of technology that can find any little error and magnify it.  

2.  Sports stars as examples (I will avoid role model)- little kid loses a game and pulls a Newton afterward because Cam did.  It's okay to be disappointed, hang your head a bit, and then buck up and stress the positive; pat your teammates on the back, thank the coaches, thank everyone, be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.  Kids learn this at about 12 years old.  They don't always follow it but they know right and wrong.  Oh well, we've seen it before and will see it again.  Thankfully, more often we see people doing and saying the right things and I'm going to choose to dwell on that.

Cam was a total D-Bag after the game. Is anyone surprised? He is all about self, in his mind he is bigger than the game. He was literally unable to step up to the plate and show some decent character after losing a football game. How about MVP jumping out of the way after he fumbled the ball with the game on the line......

Denver's defense is stout and carried them all the way. Possibly a model the Vikings can look at with a game manager type qb who doesn't make a lot of mistakes and a defense on the rise......

Edited by fishersofmen