• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Trap Guide

chart1444

Question

5 answers to this question

for how much?

Do yourself a favor and find one of these sno-boat explorers at one of the Gander stores for $149,..same house, just without a door and it has black canvas.

You can have a door put in for $0~$50

I like my guide. I think the door is a must, so you can bank the house in when it is very cold. The door however is not designed very well and is a little tough getting in and out of. I use it mostly with just myself fishing in it and it is nice to have the xtra room. The size is just right to fit your auger as well without it hanging out. You can also fish 2 pretty comfortably in the unit. Great unit, the seats are better than any of the others I've seen. You won't be dissapointed with the guide. I'd probably look at the otters as well, but keep in mind you need to put in the seating system for the otter (xtra work and $).

Chem, I experimented with different door layouts before I sent mine in. The way the plastic windows are on the guide/explorer you really can't put a big enough "D" style door (which is ideal)on it without cutting through a seam and having your zipper running along a pressure point. I went with a "U" shaped door that started just to the outside of the windows, careful not to have it running into the inside velcro straps that hold on your support poles. I also thoought about putting one in back but that would be cumbersome to step over the set rail and your gear to get out. You can check mine out this weekend. I