• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Saw first motorcycle out today

Walleyehooker

1 hour ago, Bobby Bass said:

There are a couple of guys in my neck of the woods that ride at least once a month all year long just so they can say they did it or do it. Look pretty funny to me with their snot frozen on their faces.

About two years ago around the end of Nov I met a pretty rough looking Harley guy outside Fleet Farm on his bike. We started talking and he was pretty pizzed off that a big storm was rolling in and he may not be able to make his last month of riding 12 months in a roll! :crazy:

Wait? Are you kidding me? Some sandy areas?? Hell we have that year round in my neck of the woods, just got to know how to ride it. My son and I will be out in full force this weekend! Been riding for 40 years and every first ride of the year there's snow in the ditches. Even drag raced a snowmobile one year. God I love that first ride to get in the wind again after being grounded a few months. Best therapy in the world, mind is never as clear.

33 minutes ago, Iron Cowboy said:

Wait? Are you kidding me? Some sandy areas?? Hell we have that year round in my neck of the woods, just got to know how to ride it. My son and I will be out in full force this weekend! Been riding for 40 years and every first ride of the year there's snow in the ditches. Even drag raced a snowmobile one year. God I love that first ride to get in the wind again after being grounded a few months. Best therapy in the world, mind is never as clear.

Lol, Dude we're talking about sand truck sand left at intersection stop lights. Guy's with Goldwings and Harley's have a hard time holding up a 600+lbs bikes when you feet are slipping. I ride a DualSport bike and play in dirt and sand all summer! :P

41 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Lol, Dude we're talking about sand truck sand left at intersection stop lights. Guy's with Goldwings and Harley's have a hard time holding up a 600+lbs bikes when you feet are slipping. I ride a DualSport bike and play in dirt and sand all summer! :P

I know what was meant.... and some corners / intersections on the country roads are always sandy. I ride the big bikes and have learned to deal with it rather than stay home. In our state you already have too short a riding season. gotta make the most of every possible time.

37 minutes ago, Iron Cowboy said:

I know what was meant.... and some corners / intersections on the country roads are always sandy. I ride the big bikes and have learned to deal with it rather than stay home. In our state you already have too short a riding season. gotta make the most of every possible time.

Cool, ride on! :)