• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fryin' Saucer

bigwalleye30

The Fryin' Saucer is the only thing I use to cook my fish.  Haven't tried it on the lake, but would imagine it would work just fine.  Keep it out of the wind and you shouldn't have any issues.  Love the fact that you don't need much more than a quart of oil and you can fry all day in it.  

I personally have one bought this year at StPaul ice show it works well but I'm still waiting on wind skirt as they have been having problems with manufacture it is needed if there is a breeze at all outside but in all I think it works well would be nice if it had a pour spout 

image.jpeg

I've been using the Fryin' Saucer since the first year they came out.  It cooks fish perfectly.  I love ALMOST everything about it.  I agree with everything said above.

My one gripe is that it gets hard to clean as it ages.  Every time you fry with it, the parts get a little oil on them and then it starts to build up.  All the little hinges and sliding parts get caked up.  Also, the dish doesn't come clean as easily.   I have taken it to the car wash a couple times to blast everything clean.

1 hour ago, bigwalleye30 said:

Sounds like the wind skirt would be a must on the lake by the sounds of it.  Thanks for the reviews.

Without the wind skirt, you'll have a tough time getting the temp up if there any kind of a breeze.