• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Direct tv in wheel house

harvey lee

Question

I have an extra dish and I was thinking of putting it on my fish house. Would it be better to go on the roof or use a tri pod on the ground?

Can I use one of the boxes in one of the rooms in the house and connect in the wheel house and get a signal? Anything special I would need to do?  Thanks

5 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, harvey lee said:

I have an extra dish and I was thinking of putting it on my fish house. Would it be better to go on the roof or use a tri pod on the ground?

Can I use one of the boxes in one of the rooms in the house and connect in the wheel house and get a signal? Anything special I would need to do?  Thanks

You can use the box with no problems. How you mount the dish some one who has more experience than I should answer that.  Nice to see you posting again.:)

Harvey,  I have dish net.  What I did was mount the dish to a 1/2 2ft by 1ft peice of plywood.  Receiver goes into house.  My satelite i need to connect with is when south turns into southwest on my truck compass.  Not always a perfect connection but may have to move dish only 5 degrees either way to hook up.  The reason i use plywood vs mounting is not always are you level when drop the house, very important.  They have a ball you can hook receiver to and it will auto find your satelites for you, forget name.  i think they run about 350$

Also, i would due a practice run in your driveway.  Direct tv satelites maybe way different than where i gotta point the dish.

many homes have the dish mounted ground level, so if go with you tripod idea, or plywood idea, u need to find north on a compass for direct tv, cause the sattlelight is6 in the south.hemisphere.,  the elevation degreee im not sure of. but your reciever need to be compatable with the dish. if you had and upgrade in ur home the old dish might not be compatible with the new reciver. its not as easy as just hooking up a dish and reciever to tv and start.poit it to the south. i had to.select on my reciever the style of dish.recievng the signal. 8" round 10" oval, ect.