Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Cooter

Favs for crappie deadstick/slip float n minnow jigs

3 posts in this topic

Been using a larger hook size moon glo type jig, something with color and weight vs just a hook to slow that minner down in winter.  Wondering what you have been using.  Also dorsal vs lip hook and when and why, i typically go with the dorsal.  Tks!

demon jigs are my go to.

I like blues and greens, but that's probably more what I like than it really making a difference.

I like to go small.  small jig and the tiniest crappie minnow in the bucket.   I think I went a bit large on hook/jig size for a long time, but after catching a ton of crappies on tiny tungsten jigs and plastics, i started going small on jigs for minnows too.

the jig itself determines dorsal vs lip hook.  if the hook hangs vertical, hook it dorsal, if it hangs horizontal, hook it in the mouth.  I like the demon jigs, but if I am marking fish and not catching anything, I'll switch to something that hangs horizontal and hook the minnow in the mouth.  

Edited by bobbymalone

Dorsal fin or tail for like Forage minnow jigs.  Otherwise lip or tail with standard round head jigs.