• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Morning-Weekend Edition

14 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

mornin all!  no fishing till tuesday for me. great morning here. Changed two diapers already on the grandkids and breakfast time so they can fill them again! :)

I'm lucky, my ex wife was unable to have kids, I'll be 45 in a couple of weeks & never changed a diaper in my life. My 74 year old mother lives with me and I tell her if she ever gets to the point of needing diapers she can go live with her other son he had 3 kids and had plenty of practice of changing diapers

Morning.  I have to work today.  Pretty nice out.  Windy day though.  Glad we are not getting the snow storm here.  You probably saw in the ice fishing thread, I am going to buy a hub house.  Thinking I will pick it up after work about 4 today.  I usually fish the river and don't want to move my house to go to the lake so the hub will be fun to have.  That way I will get to the lake more often and my wife can come with me for company.  (and extra lines)  And I will still have my wheel house on the river by my house for the evening bite.  I haven't fished in portables for many years and a friend of mine really likes how easy his new hub sets up so sounds good to me.  I plan on fishing gentlemens hours on the lake tomorrow.  10 - 2.  Looking foward to football tomorrow so want to be home for that.  The football season is almost over so then I will have more fishing time.  Grindstone sounds like a fun lake to fish RH.  I used to live in Stillwater and loved to fish Square Lake north of town since they had rainbows and Atlantic Salmon there.  What a thrill catching them.  I liked to look down the holes and see all of the fish swim by.  Exciting.  Well see ya later boys.  Have a great day.

13 minutes ago, ThunderLund78 said:

Eyeguy - what kind of dog is the tan colored one?  Or maybe a mix?  It looks almost exactly like my first dog when I was little had him for at least 12 years, I bet.

Anyway, gearing up for making venison sticks today!  I will try to document my progress...

She is an Eskland.  Cross between American Eskimo and Shetland.  Step 2 for the treats. ( not dog treats ! )

123a.jpg

22 minutes ago, Boar said:

now that funny! funnier would be, if u turned arou d and the dogs were and was out. 

glenns wife is on the board with 18.25. 

boars on the board with a 19 inch eelpout.

tough fish. were movi g to new grounds

my nephew went out on our lake for first time yesterday around 4pm, 18' 7 walleyes by 6pm.  2 little fellers and 2 were 25 inchers.  It should be on Smurfys way home right off of hwy 64, Kabekona Lake!!!

Mmmmmm! Speaking of apple, is it OK to have dessert after eating breakfast? Mrs. Cheviot took off for work and left me to my own devices. Needless to say I have to maintain my strength for an action packed day of snow moving and unbuttoning an aged building for poo hauling. Got chores done, fed the squirrels and had my coffee while warming up the skidloader. All alone with the apple crisp...what's a man to do?:D 

20160123_100105.jpg.68c51380ee58582d7987

20160123_075719-1.thumb.jpg.26ae349b019c

Thank heaven mind are trained (a while ago)

6 hours ago, lovebigbluegills said:

I slept in til 8 this morning, got up and made a pot of coffee, and got a fire going out in the garage. In an hour or two I'll be heading over to the neighbors to help him skin a few pigs.

We always scalded and scraped them, not sure why.