• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grizzly Adams died

Call me nuts but this bums me out.  Grizzly Adams was a great show.  Old #7, Jack, Nakoma, Ben all great people/animals.  Always thougth it was cool when Grizz and Nakoma did the blood brother thing when they cut their hands.  I could do it with someone with my dog chewed knife I guess to commemorate it.  May slice less deep than he did and chose the right person to not get a disease but I may ponder that.

I also liked Gentle Ben as a kid, loved the airboat intro.  RIP Grizzly Adams, Dan Haggerty.

Oh no.....I just saw him on TV a few weeks ago. Believe it was an American Pickers" episode, where they were at Haggerty's house and bought some of his stuff he was selling. That was one of my favorite shows, too. RIP, Grizz.

51 minutes ago, LindellProStaf said:

Yup good show.  I loved Gentle Ben and Flipper too.  Thought those guys had it made.  Having boats right in the back yard like that.  Man an adventure on the water everyday.

lotz of oldies but goodies......gilligans island, Beverly hillbillies Daniel boone, green acres, petticoat junction. dang starting to show my many years of experience!:cry:

Consistently kind and gentle, Adams discovers and demonstrates an uncanny ability to gain the trust of most of the indigenous wildlife of the region, and he helps, sometimes rescues, takes-in and tames many species. Originally a hunter, with his learned affection for wildlife Adams resolves never to harm another animal whenever possible.

Cripes, all you guys grew up watching that?

Did you join PETA as well?

:D  LOL

(kidding, watched and loved it as a kid as well)

I have to admit it...I just went and looked to see if they'd be airing reruns of the show this weekend.  No go.  I guess we're all nerds and/or not mainstream guys, kind of like Adams.  Buddy of mine sent me a video of "Battle of the Network Stars" he was on so yes he was a star!  Cheryl Ladd was on it too from Charlies Angels and I'm just saying old Grizz probably lured her in immediately.  Actually he got beat so bad in a race that I think he had rubber legs, I might be right.

bummer i to grew up with that show.

but now u guys have me.. BOAR SQUATCH ADAMS. WITH MY TRUSTY WINGMAN, SMURFOMA. join our episode as smurfoma tries to live off the land by catching fish and nearly starves to death, boarsquatch comes to the rescue by cooking up a delicious bear roast. and bear brauts and a d deer ring balony. tune in next weekend as boarsquatch shakes up  boars mountain by making backstrap jerky. and smurfoma nearly dies again cause he cant cook or smome anything to eat.  boarsquatch is constant acompanied by his pet wombat. and have.alot od adventure rescueing smurfoma.

seriously tho, i loved.that show. always wanted to live like he did.

31 minutes ago, leechlake said:

I may watch my DVD of "Alone in the Wilderness" tonight in honor of Grizzly Adams.  I think you have to be a bit of a wing nut to move into near isolation but you could pee wherever you want and that's a bonus.

I have that too.  Great show.  When I was a kid that is what I wanted to do.  In reality even though I am a homebody I do need people too much to do that.

I read one of the reasons Proeneke moved to Alaska and isolation that in his job as a diesel mechanic they were forcing people to join the Union and he disagreed.  He loved his job and as you could probably tell he was awesome at it.  I'm just guessin that Old Smurfaclause and Dick may not have been best of friends.

39 minutes ago, leechlake said:
5 minutes ago, leechlake said:

I read one of the reasons Proeneke moved to Alaska and isolation that in his job as a diesel mechanic they were forcing people to join the Union and he disagreed.  He loved his job and as you could probably tell he was awesome at it.  I'm just guessin that Old Smurfaclause and Dick may not have been best of friends.

I also wondered if he had some women problems.  Those would be some long cold winters up there.  

48 minutes ago, Boar said:

bummer i to grew up with that show.

but now u guys have me.. BOAR SQUATCH ADAMS. WITH MY TRUSTY WINGMAN, SMURFOMA. join our episode as smurfoma tries to live off the land by catching fish and nearly starves to death, boarsquatch comes to the rescue by cooking up a delicious bear roast. and bear brauts and a d deer ring balony. tune in next weekend as boarsquatch shakes up  boars mountain by making backstrap jerky. and smurfoma nearly dies again cause he cant cook or smome anything to eat.  boarsquatch is constant acompanied by his pet wombat. and have.alot od adventure rescueing smurfoma.

seriously tho, i loved.that show. always wanted to live like he did.

oh man............what da heck am I getting myself into!:crazy::cry: aren't you suppose to be doing something productive?????????

16 minutes ago, leechlake said:

That CD and book are on the shelf right next to me. He was incredible. Anyone ever read Kenny Salwey's Books? (River Rat series)  I have all of them, and love each one. What's neat is I have hunted and fished the places he writes about in his books.

Edited by RebelSS

51XuD%2B6jAlL._SX299_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

4 minutes ago, leechlake said:

Rivers scare me.  I've gone through pretty much any wave on a lake and I don't blink an eye, rivers are not for me.  I will have to check him out though.

Nothing like trolling down the Mississippi at night under a full moon...from Red Wing to Lake City..it's a real trip. Best ya know every inch of that river though, it's blacker than a you know what out there at night. I spent a lot of time on it growing up. My fishing buddy was a nervous wreck, "where are we?" Where's the shore?" "Are we lost?" I can't see anything!!!"   I ran the river by compass and triangulation, no fancy GPS for me then. I swear he fell to his knees and kissed the dock when we pulled into Lake City Marina at 1:00 am.  :lol: