• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New York Strip Steak - Sous Vide 'n Seared!

9 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Really love NYS steaks.  Actually made one last night and the mrs and I split it.  first time for that. am I starting to eat healthy??? lol .   fun info mossy and thx for sharing so much good stuff ! !

I've found myself doing that too.  I just don't need a whole ribeye of strip anymore and neither of the ladies in the house can either.  I will peck at cold steak but really it gets wasted unless we do 2 or 3 steaks for four people.

10 minutes ago, leechlake said:

I've found myself doing that too.  I just don't need a whole ribeye of strip anymore and neither of the ladies in the house can either.  I will peck at cold steak but really it gets wasted unless we do 2 or 3 steaks for four people.

That was the first time I cut one in half.  It was tough to put half on her plate...  lol     

Luckily for me she likes the "small half" which is more like a third or less.  Have to cut it pre-cooking since she likes hers more done. 

And about the "cold smoking before sous vide", ever try a couple drops of liquid smoke or some smoked paprika on the steak before it goes in the bag? 

Edited by delcecchi