• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can't wait till I retire so I can cook more.

So I was in the process of derailing Eye Guys smoked egg salad thread by asking him if he was retired to have enough time to do all of the great looking cooking things he does.  I can't wait to retire so I can do more projects without having to wait for the weekend.  I have other things I want to do on weekends and smoking takes time that I don't always have.  I know RH is retired and have wondered about you other guys.  I think I will work for another 2 or 3 years.  Like my job but need more time to do other things like the cooking projects RH and you other guys bring up.

I am 58 and could retire on my good union pension but don't want to.  I like what I do for the most part. I do most the cooking if I have the time, summers are tougher cause my me time is spending time in my garden. even when the wife cooks I manage to get my fingers in it. I finally got her I like cooking from scratch as much as possible weined off this hamburgrer helper, premade dump for the most part. I like cooking things from scratch as much as possible. she also hates when I ad lib reciepes, especially when she cooks something up. she walks away and I am adding stuff.:D:lol: and I do ALL the grillin!!!!!!!

I ad lib even when I use a recipe.  It bugs my wife too Smurfy.  She is getting used to it though.  She loves having me cook so she doesn't say much, but I try to not overspice things for her.  My second wife too RH and she is a winner.  It doesn't matter what I say about what we should have for supper.  If I am going to cook she says yes that sounds great....   

OK guys...chicken it is It was frozen in ziplocs last July. (I got some of those huge family packs for clearance price of $3 each, I packed 4 drumsticks to a bag) looks a bit freezer burned, just the skin, which I don't eat anyway. (not healthy, ya know!) So, I think I'll baste them in some OJ and apricot jam with just a bit of soy sauce stirred in. That'll bake on 'em nicely. We sure can get inventive, can't we?! :P

11 minutes ago, lovebigbluegills said:

Spaghetti!!!!!!

LOL I was thinking that, but I can't find smaller jars of 'sketti sauce anymore...just the big ones. Suppose I could freeze half a jar...

Edited by RebelSS

Reb, those zip lock bags arn't the best for long term freezing.  If the skin is freezer burned odds are some of it went into the meat also.  Ask Santa for a vac pack mashine and that will not happen.  If it is further burnt, then spaghetti it is.  Maybe you can put step by step pics on here for Boar.  good luck.

yea I am on a  second wife too!!!!!!!!! BUT.........she's on her third hubby!!!!!!!!:cry::whistle::crazy: well I guess third time was the charm for her!!!!!!!!:D

2 minutes ago, reinhard1 said:

Reb, those zip lock bags arn't the best for long term freezing.  If the skin is freezer burned odds are some of it went into the meat also.  Ask Santa for a vac pack mashine and that will not happen.  If it is further burnt, then spaghetti it is.  Maybe you can put step by step pics on here for Boar.  good luck.

from a retired butcher.i expected better..............................meat wrapping paper!!!!!!!!:P:D

Dang it Smurf, I don't have my hip boots at work!!!

4 minutes ago, smurfy said:

you guys ever brine or soak chicken in Italian dressing, then grill it!!!!!!!!! slobber......slobber!!!!!!!:P

I've done beef or venison steak in Italian dressing, then put on the grill--and that is amazing!!!

I'll have to try chicken like that.

26 minutes ago, reinhard1 said:

I know they aren't, but one of those machines just isn't in my budget, and there is no Santa in my life. I guess they won't kill me. :(

Edited by RebelSS

Just be happy LL.  

A buddy of mine went to meat cutting school when we were young.  They said if you had a tough piece of meat to soak it in Italian Dressing so we did it with goose breasts.  They turned out pretty darn good, we grilled them.....  We were getting pretty sick of them when we had good shooting.