• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm riding this weekend

LoonASea

Long range forecast is showing signs of snow the following week but that is long range and subject to change. But as it gets closer and if it looks like more snow coming then I would be open to going on the 6th instead. But lets wait and see what the weather does this week. Maybe this warmer weather will get some snow falling.

I plan on riding the 6th also so what ever the weather does is good with me ,,,Did run into a couple that were on twin 2016 blizzards with 900 aces and they seemed more then pleased with their sleds ,,,You will like yours !!!

The blizzard tour will be at Two Harbors friday nite and going to Duluth saturday so they wont be a problem and the sled teams on the trail wont be a problem either ,,,Dang those sled dogs look happy when they are pulling a sled ,,,we ran across 2 teams today practicing for the Beargrease  

1 hour ago, ripstick said:

The 6th is the als blizzard tour run. That will be a couple hundred sleds on that trail.  Not good.

As far snow up here we are looking at Mon and Tuesday for snow, None after that for the next 2 weeks.

Yeah I would be out for the 6th as it will be my Grandson's B-day.

Hey what ever happened to Meat Run?  Seem to be missing him on here? :(

Edited by leech~~

Things are looking promising  for good trail conditions for saturday ,,,3 inches yesterday with potential for 3-6 friday thru saturday,,,I plan to have my tank topped off  (so I wont have to stop for gas) on saturday,,, plan to be unloaded, geared up and ready to ride by 8:30 

5 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

Things are looking promising  for good trail conditions for saturday ,,,3 inches yesterday with potential for 3-6 friday thru saturday,,,I plan to have my tank topped off  (so I wont have to stop for gas) on saturday,,, plan to be unloaded, geared up and ready to ride by 8:30

Yeah we need to get going before the HCS gang get out there and tare up the trail since it's going to be on the warm side. I'll be topped off as well and may not have to refill until maybe Finland on the way back?

18 minutes ago, Walleyehooker said:

What time time do we have to leave my place Leech? Looks like a 3 hour drive.

I'm thinking 4:30 or 5:00am with a pee break or two on the way. Bring a few rolls and coffee and head out! ;)

Edited by leech~~

3 hours ago, Xplorer said:

I'm gonna be a last minute decision, wont know til late Friday night if I have a commitment on Saturday or not.

LAS, I'll text ya Saturday by 8.

Hope you can make it, because you know once ball starts it's only going to get harder to get out.  :(

Two Harbors got 3 1/2 inches of snow yesterday,,,along with the 3 inches on monday and snow in the forecast for friday should make the trails perfect for saturday ,,,Expect to see dog sled steams on the trail practicing for the Beargrease and give them some room ,,,On sunday i would recommend finding another trail to ride as the race will start at Two Harbors 

1 hour ago, LoonASea said:

Two Harbors got 3 1/2 inches of snow yesterday,,,along with the 3 inches on monday and snow in the forecast for friday should make the trails perfect for saturday ,,,Expect to see dog sled steams on the trail practicing for the Beargrease and give them some room ,,,On sunday i would recommend finding another trail to ride as the race will start at Two Harbors 

I just hope these sled dogs stay out of the way on "our own personal race track" :lol:

1 hour ago, Walleyehooker said:

After this weekend there wont be much snow left down here. Also just looked at the weather forcast here and it says possibly rain/ice Friday night. Hope it isn't ice as I wont be skating to Duluth on Saturday if that happens

Yeah that could slow the drive up greatly. :(  If we have to go slow and miss the take off at 8:30am we will just have to ride faster to catch up to them! :D

Edited by leech~~

22 minutes ago, Walleyehooker said:

Hope it works out. Ive had the itch to ride for 2 months now. I just looked at the speedometer and its at .8 miles and that was from the factory.

Well make sure you make the call in the morning on the weather on give me a call, then I can just keep going and not unload me sled! :lol:

Edited by leech~~

I had to work in Ely on tuesday and Cook today and had to deal with black ice on the way up as I beat the salt/sand trucks ,,,Needless to say I'm no longer constipated ,,,I'm looking forward to saturday's ride ,,,the only question left is how long we may have to wait to order a trainwreck,,,,Last saturday rumor has it there were close to 60+ sleds at the Trestle and it only seats about 35 people 

23 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

I had to work in Ely on tuesday and Cook today and had to deal with black ice on the way up as I beat the salt/sand trucks ,,,Needless to say I'm no longer constipated ,,,I'm looking forward to saturday's ride ,,,the only question left is how long we may have to wait to order a trainwreck,,,,Last saturday rumor has it there were close to 60+ sleds at the Trestle and it only seats about 35 people

The one spot I always worry about the most is on 35 starting just North of Cloquet. Seems to always be a little icy there and almost lost it bad once. In the winter no matter how fast I have to drive I go what I call "Get There Speed" even if that is 20mph!  Maybe we should just pack some weenies and have a fire in the woods for lunch? :P