• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm riding this weekend

LoonASea

Depends on where everyone wants to ride to. To Ely then above Twig Mn. Or to the Trestle Inn then park above Two Harbors or by Finland if people want to trailer that far up. Still waiting for some ride ideas to be thrown out? I'm open for a ride any which way.

Last few time we have trailered up to Finland  ,,,If we want to put on some miles we could launch from the Alger parking lot  8 miles north of Two Harbors on co rd 2 ,,,personally I would much rather sit behind handlebars then a steering wheel

So do we want to set the date for Jan 30th  be at the parking lot at 8:00 to 8:30 ???

43 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

Last few time we have trailered up to Finland  ,,,If we want to put on some miles we could launch from the Alger parking lot  8 miles north of Two Harbors on co rd 2 ,,,personally I would much rather sit behind handlebars then a steering wheel

So do we want to set the date for Jan 30th  be at the parking lot at 8:00 to 8:30 ???

I'm in if Walleyehooker wants to get up around 4:30 am to get there at that time! :D

Or the ride to Tower to Benchwarmers for lunch if people don't want to go all the way to Ely wasn't to bad either?

Edited by leech~~

Sundays will work but unless we get snow in other areas you can expect the trails up here to be ridden very hard as this is the best place to ride in Mn Wi and Mich ,,,the NSST is state trail and groomed by the state on thursdays (i believe) so not groomed by clubs ,,,we are better then 2 weeks out so pray for wide spread snow so we can spread out the riding areas 

I plan to ride on the 30th  and 31st  weather permitting 

So who is in for Jan 30th?  Lets do a little roll call. I need to pick a day to let my daughter know which day I can go to my Grandsons Birthday that weekend. And if I keep changing it-I'm dead meat! :eek:

Lets firm up day, time and where.

Again anyone else out there that would like to ride just chim in. This group rides at a pretty reasonable pace No "sideways through the corner" riders that I can remember? But a few of them got new sleds so we will see if they add a few mph to their ride now! :lol:

Edited by leech~~

Im in for the 30th ,,,,Two Harbors at 8:00 to 8:30,,,Ride to the Trestle (have a trainwreck) get gas in Finland hit the moose walk on the way back,,,  should be a good day of riding 

I prefer not to spin my track on corners but now that the new sled is "broke in"  it is snappier

Edited by LoonASea

15 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

Im in for the 30th ,,,,Two Harbors at 8:00 to 8:30,,,Ride to the Trestle (have a trainwreck) get gas in Finland hit the moose walk on the way back,,,  should be a good day of riding 

I prefer not to spin my track on corners but now that the new sled is "broke in"  it is snappier

Sounds like a good ride I'm in for the same 30th. But more on the meet at 8:30am side since will be driving up from the cities. ;)

Wondering if you were still alive Gary? Good to hear you can make it.

For anyone with a GPS. Here are the cords to the Sled parking area off hwy 2 above Two Harbors.  Just show up if you want to ride. :)

N 47 08.901

W 91 39.784

16 hours ago, ripstick said:

Sat is good. but what is the other ride.

There is a group from Hard Core Sledder doing the same ride (2 harbors to Trestle) on the 30th.  No biggie, plenty of trail for everyone.

I'm in:D:D 

2 hours ago, Xplorer said:

There is a group from Hard Core Sledder doing the same ride (2 harbors to Trestle) on the 30th.  No biggie, plenty of trail for everyone.

I'm in:D:D 

I have rode with some of those guys. We may never keep up with them once they pass us anyway. They have a saying some thing about "Their own personal race track"  Never have been a point A to B rider anyway. Why go all the way to the Northshore if you can't even enjoy the scenery I can run WOT on a lake. Guess I would rather run into and see a Moose then a SnoPro. ;)

Edited by leech~~

Our pace will be slower then the HCS crew ,,They plan to head out at 9 and I hope to get a little ahead of them and let them pass when the "brisk pace" catches up to us ,,,I can almost taste that Train wreck already,,,Walleyehooker this will be a decent breakin ride for that 900 ACE,,,After 800 + miles  my ACE is coming alive 

22 hours ago, LoonASea said:

Our pace will be slower then the HCS crew ,,They plan to head out at 9 and I hope to get a little ahead of them and let them pass when the "brisk pace" catches up to us ,,,I can almost taste that Train wreck already,,,Walleyehooker this will be a decent breakin ride for that 900 ACE,,,After 800 + miles  my ACE is coming alive 

If you go on the HCS MN thread and read them saying anything like "Smelling the Pines" or this is not going to be a "Smelling the Pines" ride. I coined that phrase about two years ago when I rode with them and said" Maybe I'll just ride in the back where I can smell the Pines" They took off with that and have a great time using that now as they boast about their "Brisk Pace" and "our own personal race track" rides! Their all nice guys don't get me wrong, but when you hit 65mph about 100 yards out from the parking lot, you know it's going to be a very fast day! ;)

Edited by leech~~

Ripstick and I just got back from riding the NSST ,,Launched from the Normanna  rd parking lot ,,,,Trail conditions were great up to the Two Harbors lot ,,,,Then there seemed to be some snert showing on the corners ,,,We are going to need a few inches of snow by next weekend  or the trail wont be worth a darn ,,,We put on about 90+ miles today with mid 20s for temps  and overcast skies ,,,,A very comfortable day to ride and traffic wasnt too bad ,,,Stopped for lunch at Dixies and now its time for some football!!!

Will do ,,,  Just caught wind that the John Beargrease will be starting on Sunday from that same lot on hwy 2 and will need some lot room for set up ,,,There is some good snow on the less ridden trails so I will be riding saturday regardless ,,,Just may have to wait for another date for a trainwreck so dont back out yet ,,,I hope to have more info by thursday