• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Develop or enhance public archery ranges through DNR grant

rkhinrichs

Having a near by outdoor range is awesome.  The one that is near my house in St. Paul gets a lot of use by a very diverse group of people.  I see dads with their kids, teenage girls, groups of high school boys, guys up to 70 years old, and everything in between.  

I've been especially impressed with the groups of high school boys that I've run into. I've shown up when it was just me and one of those groups at the range.  When I showed up they were playing music pretty loudly and goofing off and normally you'd think aw man I've got to deal with these guys while I'm trying to get in some range time.  But instead the minute I walked in they stopped messing around and got back to shooting and apologized for the music and were going to turn it off.  I stopped them and told them to crank the music back up and have a good time as long as it doesn't bother anyone else that shows up.  Not often any more that you have a group of teenage boys show proper consideration for those around them.   

Having these ranges and giving these younger guys and girls a free place to shoot within the city is important.  Without access to the ranges these kids are off doing something else and the sport suffers.

The outdoor range I go to could use some new targets as some are getting pretty well worn.  Hopefully the city that maintains it looks into these funds and takes advantage.