• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hijacking

Reb we have no shot on the atv.

One Fall I was having problems with it and I was up north.  I spent parts of two days trying to fix it including one trip to Walker and one to Bemidji.  I became obsessed but couldn't get it to start.  On day three my bafoon neighbor came over and was watching me work on it, he was buggin me more than watching me.  He went over to the left side and turned the gas tank from "off" to "on" and it started right away.  

I have no mechanical skills.

11 minutes ago, leechlake said:

Reb we have no shot on the atv.

One Fall I was having problems with it and I was up north.  I spent parts of two days trying to fix it including one trip to Walker and one to Bemidji.  I became obsessed but couldn't get it to start.  On day three my bafoon neighbor came over and was watching me work on it, he was buggin me more than watching me.  He went over to the left side and turned the gas tank from "off" to "on" and it started right away.  

I have no mechanical skills.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

1 hour ago, leechlake said:

geez...hope I never come to you for some major medical device.  You may bet guys on here on that too!  You guys could start a pool with time of death and cause of death too.  Nice friends...  my poor atv is sick.

Drain the oil.  If it is runny and smells like gas, that is a clue.  In the old car days a ruptured fuel pump diaphram would do something like that.

If water cooled could be coolant filling the crankcase.  

Just now, delcecchi said:

Drain the oil.  If it is runny and smells like gas, that is a clue.  In the old car days a ruptured fuel pump diaphram would do something like that.

then what?  The oil on the garage floor has a beautiful rainbow in it, which I assume is gas.

as for the fish, on first measurement it is about 9.6 times the width of the kid's knuckles.   My knuckles are bigger than a kid's and are just over 3 inches.   So,  that would make the fish right in the range of 30 inches.  

I'll see if I can blow up the picture and get you a better number. 

About the atv.   Gas in the tank, fuel pump, carb.  That's the path.  Gotta be one of those things the way I see it.   Probably either a vacuum operated fuel pump, like on outboard motors, or runs off the camshaft like on older cars.   Two stroke or 4?  gravity feed gas?  follow the fuel line. 

You might as well drain the oil, you will have to anyway. 

4 minutes ago, leechlake said:

then what?  The oil on the garage floor has a beautiful rainbow in it, which I assume is gas.

You were on the right track with the Fetzer valve and 30 weight ball bearing grease. If anything squeegee up all the fluids off the floor and put back in. Tie a rope from the truck to the atv,  if the wife isn't busy have her pull ya around  to try to jump start it. Just make sure you have the key on and not in reverse. .

16 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

For chrissakes!!! That what I told him early this morning!!! I give up. That's why I stopped giving advice and working on everyone else's engines a couple years ago. Mine always run superb... I guess that's all that matters.

Edited by RebelSS

19 minutes ago, smurfy said:
16 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

For chrissakes!!! That what I told him early this morning!!! I give up. That's why I stopped giving advice and working on everyone else's engines a couple years ago. Mine always run superb... I guess that's all that matters.

you two go to blows and my little poor Honda ATV sits on life support.  This thread needs a derail.

My pond hockey rink is hosed.  Plowed it off and it sprung a leak and now it's slushy from the snow and is going to freeze.  It's a boot hockey rink for a while I guess.

Nothing wrong with a little boot hockey, as a matter of fact I was a superb boot hockey player back in my daY. I always felt better about being poor, running around on the ice in my moon boots (that more than likely had duct tape holding them together) than the other poor kids who were playing in figure skates! I mean how embarking would that be? Man, we used to have a great time though. 

Did you hear that marshawn lynch is out four Sunday's game? That should give the vikes a little edge, speaking of edge, you guys ever use them ceramic knives? My mom got me a couple for a birthday present this past year and man are those things sharp. Very impressed with them so far.

So anyway carry on boys, and a little shout out before i go for NDSU playing for there fifth national championship today. Go Bison!!

Thanks leech lake for letting my post all this on your hijack thread. 

John, Im glad you got that off your chest. see hijacking a thred is therapy. Go Bison!! I didnt khow M L Played for the Bison, wiered. and besides, who are the Bison and what are they doing in the playoofs?

Not to change the subject of this thread, but we should be making ice this morning, right Boar!!  Should be a go for sure next weekend, make sure you save me some of that blackstrap jerky I saw you were whipping up this weekend!

Heres another fun fact, the Bison play Jacksonville state today for the national championship. Me, not knowing who they are, figured for sure they would be from Florida. Wrong, they are from Alabama! Man,  I am just a wealth of knowledge this morning. Must be from the two pots of coffe I've drank this morning!! 

The youngest got her permit a couple of weeks ago so everyone stay off the roads today, naw she's doing a good job. Speaking of driving,  think I'll have her drive me over to LL'S place for a pre-game boot hockey tourney tomorrow morning.  Kids against us old farts, time to blow the dust off the sherwood. ..:eek:

bobber-  my daughter has her permit too.  If she drives like her mom we're in trouble.  Yesterday Deb was driving and couldn't pick a parking spot and I finally got out of the car after she himmed and hawed about three diffferent parking spots so we could walk 50' inside to the safety meeting.