• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Morning!

We need a  daily "Good Morning" thread for those just getting up and checking in...tell us about your day! :)    Cawfee's on, bacon and an omelet on the way, sleet and snow for the day down here...got about an 1" last nite to shovel...haveta make a grocery run later...have a good day, guys!

Edited by RebelSS

Up at 4 and get to work from home today.....Coffee in my neck and getting kids moving while working so Momma can sleep a lil longer. Just another day today.....Son has surgery tomorrow and I start a couple weeks off........Insert FISHING TIME! Ha!....Have a great day all! Good idea RebelSS....

Mornin, still vertical so thats good, had a bwl of rasin brand crunch MA! waiting for the coffee to kick in to lossen things up. heading off to work soon, i just love starting at 8. wont last long tho when spring comes and were rigin up for spraying. kids are old enough o get themselves going. I drop our younget of at scholl if shes ready or she takes the bus, good encentive to be ready.finnally made the dive into prescription glass so you just might see me spelling a little better. might have to try my luck at spagetti tonight since I can read the dirction better now. getting my four wheeelwr ramps today. Im excited. Greadt day to be alive!

up early working from home today as well. took the kids to preschool only to be informed just before going out the door they needed plastic water bottles for an art project. short on time and didnt have any at home with lids so an emergency stop was needed and fully justified at caseys. 2 bottles of water and couldn't decide between the bacon and sausage breakfast pizza so got one of each. it was tasty

goooooooooood moooooorrrrrrrrrniggggggggggggggggggg vieeeeeetttttttttttt,,,  I mean coooooookeeerrrrrrrrrrs    !

Just got done putting veggie soup it a big kettle

1 pound browned burger

cup onion   cup cut up carrots  bag of mixed veggies    can of black beans  can of tomato soup, 2 cans diced tomatoes

cup diced taters  tsp sugar   tsp pepper  3 1/2 cups water.  simmering all day. 

15 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

I'm sure this will be followed up by the Bloody Mary screw the mornings thread! ;)

naw................ I wanted reb to post sleepy smurf!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Did chores a couple hours ago. Gotta slop the cows and milk the pigs so I can get on with my day. My culinary skills will once again be put to the test as I take on the wife's Christmas party. Had to shovel the patio off so I could maneuver back there without falling on my behind. Haven't used the Weber since Christmas Eve so it was a couple feet deep in spots. Wet too. Ruby tries to herd the shovel. Border collies simply can't turn it off so that gets old after a while. Gobbled down a bowl of out of code milk and cereal, made my coffee, then off to work for an hour so I can sign the guest book. Gotta come home again in a few minutes and grill steaks for about 15 - 20 people. Of course I'll need a little tincture in my coffee by then or I won't bring my "A" game. Just don't know how I get it all done some days....;):D  

16 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Morning as well,  been at work since 3, granola bar at 5, just had leftover tacos for lunch. ...now looking for a corner to hide in and perhaps a nap.:whistle:

You get to start tomorrow's thread off, bobber!  :D

Good morning/afternoon all. Got to work at 3:30 am for the milk order opened at 4:30 and just had the afternoon shift help call off & no one else wants to work so another 8 hours to go. Thank god it's a coffee shop, with an endless supply of caffeine 

Envious of a lot of you guys, today's an especially lack-luster day as far as my daily plan and meals go:

5-year old woke me up at 6:00 to complain about how mom is out shoveling snow without him - I should stop and explain here. My wife is amazing and gets up at 4:30 am to work out every day.  Show also LOVES to shovel snow and mow the lawn - really, she WANTS to do these things.  She got home from working out and noticed about 1" of snow had fallen overnight and grabbed the shovel before she even came back in the house - who am I to step-in?  Anyway, I'm holding on to her as long as she can stand me.  going on 12 years, hopefully the hook is deep in the jaw by now :)  I do most of the cooking and cleaning so it works out.

Anyway, there was no more laying in bed once he was up and grumpy.  So I jumped in the shower, got ready and grabbed a bowl of cereal. Got to work and grabbed coffee.  Will be meeting an old friend who I work with but don't see very often (I work in a big place) for lunch at the office cafeteria - which actually isn't bad.  Tonight is going to suck as my son has Hockey right during the dinner hour so we'll be running around - going to be a "fend for yourself" kind if night.  Maybe I'll have Ramen!

But the day will end well - meeting some friends at the local townie bar to plan our Ice Fishing trip for later in the month.  Always a good time!  If I get home in time, I will watch the last episode of Making A Murderer on Netflix - absolutely hooked on that.

Hockey during the dinner hour is a treat.  Older kids like mine usually are on the ice around 830pm and it's 90 minutes long.  Hockey is at 630pm tonight for Matt, tournament game in Edina.  I try to stay in a 3.9 mile radius to home and will have to venture out of that bubble.  The boys play a team that really is struggling at this level.  I feel bad for them  since they lost to a team we beat and they lost 20-0.  The beauty of sports is anyone can win any given night but I'd say in this case that idea is out the window.  

Next up is Edina.  I'm going to dust off one of my old Edina jerseys and sit in their section and yell at the refs until they call a bench minor on the Hornets.  Genius plan... :)

Edited by leechlake

I like that plan, LL!

And yeah, the worst is truly ahead of me with Hockey as far as time commitments go - but it's all worth it, my boy REALLY enjoys it and it's fun to watch him develop.  I guess the money we spend on Hockey is Money we save from everything else we'd be doing if we didn't have these commitments.  That's how you have to look at it.

I coached all through Bantams.  Great memories for sure.  I think it's like a lot of things, it's a conduit to hanging out with other people, making friends, and making memories.  Hunting, fishing, golf, hockey, basket weaving whatever trips your trigger.  

Some dad I only met a month ago and I have been texting this am about nothing really to do about hockey.  Go to a varsity hockey game and run into parents and kids from past years and rehash the old stuff.  You can't make that kind of stuff up; good bad or ugly.

One year in Bantams we had two B1 teams in our town and one was ranked 1 or 2 all year and our team started bad and literally was ranked in some poll at 63rd at one point, for whatever that is worth.  Some parents freaked, some players freaked, and we chugged along and low and behold we're in the State Tournament come the end of the year. From 63rd to 3rd...best year of hockey ever for anyone involved unless they win the State Tourney in HS some day.  

Edited by leechlake

you guys don't even know how hard I try to not unravel threads, especially in their infancy.  I know it doesn't look like it but my excuse this time is I thought every day we'd have a new good morning thread going.  EDINA-every day I need attention.

So...how was everyone's morning :)