• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone else dumb enough?

creepworm

Anyone else going to be at the game Sunday?

I just bought tickets. Figured it will almost certainly be the last outdoor home game for the Vikes in my lifetime so I figured I will go.

I went to a vikings game about 10 years ago and that was the only one I had ever been to. Was at Lambeau last week and now heading to the game this weekend, makes me feel like I should just buy season tickets.

I remember the days at the Metropolitan Stadium.  Went to a few games there.  Went to the one where the ref got hit by a whiskey bottle thrown by a fan.  Adult beverages seemed to keep us warmer.  Good times.  I'll be watching this one though.  We got the grandkids.  good luck.

1 hour ago, creepworm said:

Anyone else going to be at the game Sunday?

I just bought tickets. Figured it will almost certainly be the last outdoor home game for the Vikes in my lifetime so I figured I will go.

I went to a vikings game about 10 years ago and that was the only one I had ever been to. Was at Lambeau last week and now heading to the game this weekend, makes me feel like I should just buy season tickets.

Remember put the Jack in two zip locks in case one leaks down your pants-to keep warm! :lol:

I will be there, I was also at the Chicago and the Giants game. I love outdoor football, never went to a single game in the Dome but this with be my 5th game in two years at TCF. I went to the Giants game so I could say I was there for the last outdoor game, after we beat QueenBay and got the home game I knew I had to go.......SKOL.

Well there goes our edge "Traitors"   But this will be Hugh for this company in MN. ;)

Eagan Company Making Warm Weather Gear For Vikings, Seahawks Players

January 6, 2016 10:41 PM By Susan-Elizabeth Littlefield

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — We’ll be lucky if we’re above zero for Sunday’s big game against the Seattle Seahawks. The Vikings are prepared, soon the Seahawks will be too.

What’s under a saw in an industrial park in Eagan will soon be in front of millions of watchful eyes. Priscilla Magana is with WSI Sports. She showed us around the company she and her husband run.

It may look like standard thermal gear but when you look closely, you can see this order is supersized, some jerseys are size 4X.

“We’re outfitting both the Vikings and the Seahawks so we’ve got to get to work,” Magana said.

Magana and her husband run WSI. They’ve patented a fabric that stays dry and warm, warmer than wool is their claim, good to -20 degrees. You may recognize one happy customer, Teddy Bridgewater. Her husband met with him.

“Showed him the technology and he was very impressed and like, ‘I need some of that, I’m always freezing,'” Magana said.

(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

He and the team wore the gear at last week’s Packers game, and at a 6-degree wind chill game last year.

The Vikings were prepared for this weather. The company got a call Monday from the Seahawks. They needed 74 jerseys, 140 pairs of socks and 40 pairs of pants if they were going to play here.

The request: “We want whatever the Vikings wore against the Packers and we need a lot of them.”

But as you’ve likely noticed, not all players like all coverage. Some wear short sleeves.

Edited by leech~~

good for them.  Terrible writing though by cco  "what's under a saw right now will soon be in front of millions."  I'm guessing they use some sort of fabric saw?  My first thought was a gigantic blade for cutting lumber was on the roof top of the industrial park building.  Looked like I wrote it.

2 hours ago, nofishfisherman said:

Noticed tickets for the game can be had for under $50 on Stub Hub.  A small part of me is tempted to go just to say I was there. 

That's where I was at as well, only it must have been a larger part of me.

Bought tickets yesterday.  Will be my first Vikings game in decades.

We chose seats on the NW side of the stadium, hoping that it will block most of the wind.

I may need to wash the blood off of my deer hunting bibs...

I was at the Giants game.  It was cold, but honestly we dressed for it and I never sat down once.   Just stay on your feet and yell and jump around and you will be fine.  

Leech- I was hoping the whole time I was reading that story, the ending would've gone something like "The Seahawks called and wanted to outfit the whole team in our best cold weather gear, but we said no!"

Yeah the weather was a non factor for me during the game.  I was actually too warm for most of the game and never once got cold.  I was taking my gloves and hat off occasionally to help cool down. 

I'm guessing if you were one of the poor souls that had tickets on the windy side and were in the shade it would have been a bigger deal but I was out of the wind and in the sun.  

Only had one guy near me break from the cold but he was probably in his 60's and very poorly dressed.  He had on a coat that was probably 30-40 years old, thin stocking cap that kept pulling up over his ears, he was wearing jeans and boots as old as his jacket, and a pair of thin leather driving gloves inside of a pair of leather mittens.  Probably didn't help that he was slamming the beer and fireball whiskey pretty hard.  In one last ditch attempt to stay warm he slammed back a small bottle of Fireball in a couple big gulps.  After that he was done and somehow stumbled down the stairs to find someplace warm.

1 hour ago, nofishfisherman said:

I'm guessing if you were one of the poor souls that had tickets on the windy side and were in the shade it would have been a bigger deal but I was out of the wind and in the sun.  

It wasn't that bad, even in the wind and the shade. I had bibs, a good base layer, and a sweatshirt on and was pretty comfortable, except when I slammed my beer because it was starting to freeze up the moment I bought it.

Nofish was it comparable to the slow burn when your heart was being torn out of your chest? :grin:

Mine was more of a sharp sting.

Seriously though what was the reaction like with everyone in the stands? Me and my wife looked at eachother before the kick and said he will miss it.

During that entire final drive I was thinking "oh man they're going to find a way to screw this up"  I really had no faith they would walk it down, kick an easy field goal, and head to the locker room.  I didn't know how they'd screw it up but I had a very bad feeling it was going to happen. Because of that I didn't really feel that sharp sting, it was more of a light thud on the back of the head.  Sort of like a slap back to reality.

After he kicked it a lot of people were jumping around screaming and cheering thinking he made it.  A few of us actually watching the game had to break it to them that he had missed it. 

I'm a big vikings fan and have been all my life but I'm still able to keep a healthy perspective.  In the end its just a football game and I watch because its fun.  Part of what is fun is the complete unknown of what will happen.  Without the highs and lows it wouldn't be any fun.  It sucked watching him miss it but I was over it by the time I got out of the stadium.  Besides it wasn't like this was a super bowl caliber team.  They probably finished about where they should have for the season and I can live with that.