• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing Gear Reviews

HSOThrowaway

Can't be the only one who wishes we had some actual unbiased reviews on some of this new ice gear, am I?

Seriously, when was the last time you saw someone review a piece of gear they weren't sponsored by? That's where the issue lies. The one thing the Fishing scene needs more than anything is unbiased reviews on products. Too many 5-star rated IceArmor socks that wore holes through them within half a season, too many 5-star reviews on a CLAM jig box that falls apart within a year because they thought regular-old glue would hold up in the middle of winter (When we all know the Rose Creek boxes are far superior), and yet they still sell them to this date. Yet not enough 5-star reviews on the CLAM drill-auger-plate (A product that actually deserves praise) because at this point, we've all learned not to trust what these reviews say. 

But no, you won't see any of those reviews here, or on any other fishing page, because as soon as you post one you'll be banned for bad-mouthing a sponsor. These companies did it to themselves by silencing bad-mouthers, when in reality we could have far better products with a little feedback from the Ice Fishing community.

Silence the naysayers and you end up with poor products. Welcome reviews and returns for issues that your product actually has and you'll develop some lifetime customers.

/endrant

Edited by HSOThrowaway

You can praise a product here all you want , But GOD forbid if you say anything negative about it and even if it is true you will be torn to shreds . 

i come here to get honest answers by people who use the products . not the talk from the people who get paid to tell me it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

sorry if this offends or gets me kicked off but it is the truth this should help people  buy quality products, not junk that people say is good and once they have your money they never respond to you again.

I don't usually stick up  for HSO much because this really as been a  mess for a while but you'll get to know who the paid guys are pretty quickly, there's really only one major sponsor who's guys get pretty obnoxious and sell hardcore responses. Mostly a pretty good bunch of people here.

Anybody else having trouble typing responses lately? Functionality is the biggest problem here but it's still the best page out there for ice fishing information.

Like Kid, said. Someone has to pay the bills. I stopped reading a lot of Snowmobile and Dirt mags because all they ever do anymore is give reviews of new products and hardly talk about old models or tips for repair, improvements or Mods anymore. :(