• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vexilar Flx-28 problem

hunter83

Hey guys,

Just a heads up if you going to buy a vexilar fox-28. Got one for christmas and use it this weekend for the first time and the unit froze/lock up on me about 3x. Call vexilar and said they have been aware of this issue. I was like, if you did , how come you didn't post something about it or pull the unit off the shelves. About 3-4 of my buddies that also brought new ones this year return theres and went with marcums with same issue. I will be patient and wait it out for a couple weeks to let them try and figure it out. Tech said its just this years model thats having the issue. Hopefully they fix it soon cause with the limit season we have already, I like to get out and have something reliable that I paid good money for. 

One thing I know about Vexilar is that they are one, if not the most, customer friendly manufacturers in the fishing business.  I don't fish with a Vexilar now but that is only because I got another brand at a deal I could not turn down.  I would rather have a Vexilar for sure.  My suggestion is to give them a chance to correct the problem.  

The easiest thing to do in your situation ( I know cuz I have been there with other products) is to over react.  I have over reacted and usually end up regretting it.  I wish you good luck with your Vexilar. 

7 minutes ago, Bryce said:

So what's the field fix being you were able to get it unlocked at least 2 times?

you would have to turn the unit off and on. yes that sounds easy enough but for a brand new unit the price i paid for, I expect a little. A tech call be back and said that for now, 0-30ft use IR settings at 6 and above and for 30ft plus, use IR setting 1. The flx automatic adjust it but they think thats the problem, Tech said they are working with their engineers from japan. 

vexilar tech told me all 2015 models. either its happen already or its going to happen.  if it doesn't happen to yours, your lucky. just hope they care of they issue soon so if they can't, i want my money back at gander.

I was out with a guide last weekend and they had bought 30 FL-28's and they all had issues. The guides contacted Vexilar with no results. He is going back to the FL-20 next year. I know I had mine freeze up at least 6-8 times in 2 days. Frustrating when you spend that much money.

But I would assume that to get fixed they have to go back no matter what? Why not just return it now and get something thats right? You buy a truck and its ok if you cant use it to its fullest til they get some bugs worked out? No matter how great Vex is being, you bought it and it doesnt work...I dont understand that.

12 hours ago, icefun said:

4 hours ago, Richj said:

thanks Richj. Yea just a heads up and getting the word out because no where is vexilar pulling their stock or letting us know about that issue. On the other couple threads, that guy was gonna get a flx28 and was just warning him, I was just being a samariten ice fisher. I will keep you guys updated on what they fine on mine. I would rather keep this unit since my wife is the one the got it for me for a gift. 

Just an update, got a call from vexilar tech and they found a solution. You will need send or bring your unit in for a software update. It takes about 10 mins. I would have to say that their tech was really nice and professional even after I got pee of. If this fix it, I will hold on to my vexilar. Thanks

Thanks for posting. I just picked up the 28 for Christmas and have had the same freezing up issues. Certainly it's not a non issue as this type of new technology coupled with the price shouldn't be expected. Is there a particular person at vexilar that fixed the issue for you?

Thanks for posting. I just picked up the 28 for Christmas and have had the same freezing up issues. Certainly it's not a non issue as this type of new technology coupled with the price shouldn't be expected. Is there a particular person at vexilar that fixed the issue for you?