Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
leechlake

Check Your Milk Cartons!

Rhino and Donbo both are unable to access things.  RH sent me a pm.  I think he's concerned we're concerned he is snowed in after the recent storm.  Andover must have got 2 inches from my uneducated guess but alas he's okay.

I told him we were going to start a Sausage Gone Wild thread for him to fix when he is able to post.  He can still read all of our entertaining stuff so keep posting and say hello to him but if you ask a question you may be stuck for a while waiting for a response.  Here's the first amateur sausage recipe I will post:

1- loaf of bread

1- 5 year old pork loin salvaged from the trash

2 cups of Sugar

1 cup of Salt

1.5 cups Non fat dry milk (RH's key item)

put the loin and bread in a 5 gallon pail.  Take your ice auger that you have no other use for and fire it up and place blades in bucket and start working the mixture.  Once ground add the other ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes.  Grab some old wool socks and stuff each one full.  Grab a box fan and blow on hanging socks for 12 minutes.  Put in smoker for 2 hours at 225.  That pretty much covers it.  If you make it post some photos for RH to review.  I think he'd be proud!

24 minutes ago, leechlake said:

If you dug out the 5 year old freezer burned pork loin out of the trash, why didn't you dig out all the Walleye your wife through in there as well and made something out of them? :P

Not gonna say it, not gonna say it......nope, nope, nope! :grin:   We NEED RH!!! Whatever is he doing?! Did he get smucked by one of those Polar Vortex's meets the Baja Bahama Mama fronts??  ( I double-dog DARE ya to say that fast)  I hope not!  He IS the sausage king!    crown.png

Edited by RebelSS

Just now, leech~~ said:

If you dug out the 5 year old freezer burned pork loin out of the trash, why didn't you dig out all the Walleye your wife through in there as well and made something out of them? :P

excellent question and I should have addressed it.  Our trash guy comes on Wednesday.  She came home Sunday and I came home Monday or Tuesday.  By the time I noticed on Wednesday around 5pm and confronted her I did ponder the trash but he had already come and hauled the fish away along with the trash.  They would have been toast by then anyway but my gears did start turning to salvage things.  Thank you for asking Leech.

4 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Not gonna say it, not gonna say it......nope, nope, nope! :grin:   We NEED RH!!! Whatever is he doing?! Did he get smucked by one of those Polar Vortex's meets the Baja Bahama Mama fronts??  I hope not!  He IS the sausage king!    crown.png

he claims its this bug that we're all running into on the page but I think he and his wife finally got in an argument after twenty some years and she may have taken his life!!!  She's making RH sausage with him through the grinder and most likely is going to hide "him" in the Jayco.  I'm pretty sure there was a Hichcock movie where this happened.  

I hope I'm wrong, I was hoping to meat (pun intended) him some day. 

24 minutes ago, leechlake said:

yes, take that sous vide mallet out to your front yard and beat one over the head. :)

roflmao.gif

I better be quiet, or Del's gonna poke fun at my Taco shell holder. :grin:

Edited by RebelSS

I cant post from my phone. but got it to work by pushing ctrl and f5 on my work puter and it worked. didn't have the issue on my laptop!!\

and leech that's one heck of a reciepe!!!!!!:P just curious though, for punishment  did you cut your wife off for tossing them eyes out?

2 hours ago, leechlake said:

yes, take that sous vide mallet out to your front yard and beat one over the head. :)

Nah, that is too primitive.  I have a live trap and a pellet gun.  Do you want them dead or alive?

======================================

Stupid Merging of posts.  Consider this unmerging :mad:

==========================================

1 hour ago, leechlake said:

I'm just jealous Del.  I want one of those things too.  Could save my house ta boot.

Not sure what the topic is anymore, but made carrots (hour at 183 with a little butter and sugar) and boneless skinless chicken breast from Fareway with stovetop stuffing and gravy.  Chicken (hour at 150) was perfectly cooked, although I need to find some seasoning besides salt and pepper.   Used stovetop stuffing because my cooking creativity was all used up. 

Edited by delcecchi

4 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Not gonna say it, not gonna say it......nope, nope, nope! :grin:   We NEED RH!!! Whatever is he doing?! Did he get smucked by one of those Polar Vortex's meets the Baja Bahama Mama fronts??  ( I double-dog DARE ya to say that fast)  I hope not!  He IS the sausage king!    crown.png

I bet ol' RH has a doozy of a bacon recipe ta boot!!!! Not that the other two aren't worth trying.

14 hours ago, leechlake said:

Grab some old wool socks and stuff each one full.  Grab a box fan and blow on hanging socks for 12 minutes.  Put in smoker for 2 hours at 225.  That pretty much covers it...

I assume this should be a 20" box fan with a KC Royals sticker?

7 minutes ago, pikestabber said:

I assume this should be a 20" box fan with a KC Royals sticker?

it doesn't have to be but when I pulled the loin out of the trash a real nice fan was in my trash too so I thought I'd use it.  I think the sticker came off, maybe some defrosting loin juice got on it and it peeled off?

12 minutes ago, leechlake said:

it doesn't have to be but when I pulled the loin out of the trash a real nice fan was in my trash too so I thought I'd use it.  I think the sticker came off, maybe some defrosting loin juice got on it and it peeled off?

Defrosting loin juice is the 409 of the meat world, so it stands to reason.

Sure wish Reinhard could chime in and let us know if 12 minutes under a fan is enough cure time. Ah, well, "cure-shmure" is what I always say!

Just as I fix this thing I have to take off for my to do list.  Man this was frustrating, especially for a guy like me who is not computer savy.  Don Bo had the same problem and I guess a few others did as well.  I followed the Clear The Browsing Data thing and then I could not sign in.  I have had a problem with this anyway.  I cant sign in when I'm at my daughters house or anywhere else.  So then I said the heck with it and signed in with the other part of HSO and it worked.  But when I went to the Cooking forum it went back to HSO and I couldn't sign in there even though I have had the same password ect. that I have always had.  Sent a bunch of messages to get help.  So then I decided to just create a new account with a new password and here I am.  So far so good LOL.  Still don't get the two different sites but I'll just stick to this one.  Thanks for putting up this thread for me and Don Bo.  Hopefully others who have this problem try these methods to get back on.  good luck.

20 hours ago, leechlake said:

Rhino and Donbo both are unable to access things.  RH sent me a pm.  I think he's concerned we're concerned he is snowed in after the recent storm.  Andover must have got 2 inches from my uneducated guess but alas he's okay.

I told him we were going to start a Sausage Gone Wild thread for him to fix when he is able to post.  He can still read all of our entertaining stuff so keep posting and say hello to him but if you ask a question you may be stuck for a while waiting for a response.  Here's the first amateur sausage recipe I will post:

1- loaf of bread

2 cups of Sugar

1 cup of Salt

1.5 cups Non fat dry milk (RH's key item)

put the loin and bread in a 5 gallon pail.  Take your ice auger that you have no other use for and fire it up and place blades in bucket and start working the mixture.  Once ground add the other ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes.  Grab some old wool socks and stuff each one full.  Grab a box fan and blow on hanging socks for 12 minutes.  Put in smoker for 2 hours at 225.  That pretty much covers it.  If you make it post some photos for RH to review.  I think he'd be proud!

Sounds like a Limbuerger flavored sausage Leech.

2 hours ago, reinhard1 said:

Just as I fix this thing I have to take off for my to do list.  Man this was frustrating, especially for a guy like me who is not computer savy.  Don Bo had the same problem and I guess a few others did as well.  I followed the Clear The Browsing Data thing and then I could not sign in.  I have had a problem with this anyway.  I cant sign in when I'm at my daughters house or anywhere else.  So then I said the heck with it and signed in with the other part of HSO and it worked.  But when I went to the Cooking forum it went back to HSO and I couldn't sign in there even though I have had the same password ect. that I have always had.  Sent a bunch of messages to get help.  So then I decided to just create a new account with a new password and here I am.  So far so good LOL.  Still don't get the two different sites but I'll just stick to this one.  Thanks for putting up this thread for me and Don Bo.  Hopefully others who have this problem try these methods to get back on.  good luck.

And Voila, here you are with the same id and 11000 posts on your profile....