• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

0 for 2 on "Storm"

5 hours ago, leechlake said:

It's been so long between alleged "Snow Storms" that I can't remember my words but I said I'm keeping track if these Snow events turn into what all the hype suggests.  The first one back in November was a clear whiff.  I believe the excuse that time was that the temps didn't get cold enough and the walls of snow were abated due to rain falling instead.

This event was a tough call due to more snow falling south but I made my unscientific determination based on a few thing.  I am calling this a NON STORM.  0 for 2 for the season.

1.  I took a ruler out when I removed snow and 2.25" of snow was the average in my driveway.  I admit without the ruler I would have said it was easily 3 or 4 inches, years of bias snow reporting on my behalf is hard to shake.  2.25" of snow is a non event/storm.

2.  I watched parts of weather reports on the four locals.  WCCO reported location snowfalls of almost 2 inches more than FOX 9 did.  For example, WCCO said 6 inches in Lakeville and FOX had it to 3.8" in Lakeville.  This was in multiple cities where good old 'CCO embellished.  I realize snow can fall by varying amounts in large cities but not all cities.  Lying is a tip of a non storm.

3.  Two stations had babe reporters driving in vehicles to document driving conditions.  One gal couldn't help but say three times in the two minute segment that "unluckily" it just quit snowing when her report came on.  No news is bad news.

I empathize with the news outlets.  They need these events to draw viewers.  It would be nice if they came up with a different word than "Storm".  It was hard to watch when after stations opened with our Storm they eventually got to the southern US where real "Storms" killed 24 or 50 people with flooding and tornados.  It seems they have no other word than "Storm" to compare 2 inches of snow to a Cat 3/4 tornado.  Something seems wrong about that.

suppose its hard to derail a thread when one starts it........but it is the cooking thread??????:confused::whistle::P;)

I only post in the cooking thread from now on.  I figure all of you clowns have enough spare information in your head that if I need something you will come through for me. Also, I don't need some yahoo commenting if I post a photo that one walleye looks 1/8" over the slot or that my 17 year old kid wasn't wearing a life jacket on 4th of July in the pontoon.

3 minutes ago, leechlake said:

I only post in the cooking thread from now on.  I figure all of you clowns have enough spare information in your head that if I need something you will come through for me. Also, I don't need some yahoo commenting if I post a photo that one walleye looks 1/8" over the slot or that my 17 year old kid wasn't wearing a life jacket on 4th of July in the pontoon.

sounds good to me!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, lovebigbluegills said:

I reckon you best go to town for supplies!!!

I got my bucket of ice cream BEFORE THE storm that wasn't came!!!!!!!!!:P I make sure I have everything before, then restock after.

28 minutes ago, leechlake said:

But, have you checked yer grill lately? *FOOOSH*     rofl.gif

Edited by RebelSS

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

RAWchester has no real government, Del. Just MAYO controlled puppets. I did have 7" on my measure very early this am, while it was still coming down.

2lnu1yu.jpg

Weather reports come from the feds.  And I though it was Gus Chafolios that controlled the city....

3 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Del! It's all how ya look at it. Inside info is hard to come by. :whistle:

Inside info?  OK, whose bright idea was it to make Broadway into nearly a pedestrian mall and push all the cars onto 3rd ave?  I figured it was the real estate cartel and Chafolios after they bought all the junky buildings on the east side

Someone with a complete lack of understanding, probably the same one that programmed the street lights timing.  Danged if I know....perhaps a big, brown burro.  Look at the city council again...and ask Doug Nelson, head of street design. Ever notice how if you're on a main drag with say, five lights in a row, ya get to one, it turns red...half a block away, that one does too, get goin, next green turns red....lights are to "expedite and control the traffic in an orderly fashion"  Ya, right. That's why traffic is backed up every day all over 19th St by me and at the 19th St bridge, backing up onto the highway. It took me 7 minutes to go THREE blocks to get across the 19th St bridge the other day...I timed it...on my watch stopwatch. That's crazy.

Edited by RebelSS

Ya, I bravely drove through the big storm with my rear wheel van while I let my wife use the 4 by 4 truck.  Supposed to be here by 3 pm, then 6pm.  I woke up at 11 pm to take a wizz and looked out on the deck and still no snow.  Then at 5 am I went out and saw a dusting of snow on the rigs.  Maybe 2 inches total here in Andover.  Heck firearms season of 2014 was a storm.  Had to come home early and it took me 6 hours to drive from Duluth to Andover.  When I pulled up to my driveway there was about 18 inches of snow waiting for me and still snowing.  good luck.