• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mmmmmmmmm

Reb-  there was an as seen on tv item once that you inserted in the egg and it scrambled it.  You then boiled it and when you cracked it open you had scrambled eggs AND third degree burns on your fingers.  I think that's what Del is referring to.  Lord knows it's hard to crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk with a fork for 5 seconds...

Well hell, ya still have to crack the shell to get 'em out......:lol:  Sorry, I don't mind some real food prep time without all the gadgets. I've got 2 nice Cuisinarts, but do I use them to shred, chop, julienne? Naa, I use my nice knives....I find it kind of relaxing, cutting, chopping, cooking...they're gathering dust.

no kidding.  Haul the cuisinart out.  Re-remember how to use it.  Chop the stuff and then spend ten minutes cleaning it.   OR  cut the stuff with a knife in five minutes and clean the knife on your pant leg and put back in knife block.  

Simple choice.

1 hour ago, leechlake said:

no kidding.  Haul the cuisinart out.  Re-remember how to use it.  Chop the stuff and then spend ten minutes cleaning it.   OR  cut the stuff with a knife in five minutes and clean the knife on your pant leg and put back in knife block.  

Simple choice.

HA! Glad to hear I'm not the only one that wipes a knife off on my pant leg and puts it away again.

1 minute ago, lovebigbluegills said:

HA! Glad to hear I'm not the only one that wipes a knife off on my pant leg and puts it away again.

The proper way to clean a knife blade is swipe with wet sponge; wipe on pants leg, then back in block holder. :grin:

6 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

The proper way to clean a knife blade is swipe with wet sponge; wipe on pants leg, then back in block holder. :grin:

I stand corrected...that's how I do it too.  Sponge on both sides and then pants on both sides and then safely back in the knife block.

I have been doing it all wrong! I wipe my blade my lifting my foot off the ground then wiping the blade behind my knee getting both sides of the blade at the same time then put it in block. Keeps the front of my pants clean and I don't see what is behind me...

3 minutes ago, leechlake said:

I stand corrected...that's how I do it too.  Sponge on both sides and then pants on both sides and then safely back in the knife block.

In the case of peanut butter on a butter knife, pull through squeezed fingers, lick blob of peanut butter off fingers, follow directions above.