• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One of my favorite words. Primerib...

What have I done now?!! O, forgive me, it was momentary judgemental lapse. My blood sugar was low. :grin:

Here; enjoy some good holiday music instead. 

https://youtu.be/S8YQqK5e5es

:P:D:D you wouldnt be  able to anyway. there would be wayyyyy to many females in the way!!!!!!!!:D

Ahhh gawd...don't do it Reb....don't do it.........:lol:

Edited by RebelSS

:P:D:D you wouldnt be  able to anyway. there would be wayyyyy to many females in the way!!!!!!!!:D

Well,,,,,, are they hot?

Ok this may be a little off topic now.  So I am planning on having the prime rib at about 7 tonight.  When should I do the rub.  I also have an injecting sauce I am contemplating using.  Wondering when to do that too.  I am getting anzy and want to play with it.

Well,,,,,, are they hot?

Ok this may be a little off topic now.  So I am planning on having the prime rib at about 7 tonight.  When should I do the rub.  I also have an injecting sauce I am contemplating using.  Wondering when to do that too.  I am getting anzy and want to play with it.

I put my rub on 3 days ago and right now it is out warming up to room temp. I plan to sear it around 4:30 and slow cook with 7:00 as my target to be done.

Ok Jim.  I will rub now and get going on this project....

I am putting mine in around 4 and 7 is my target time.  Only myself and my wife so very flexilble on finish time.  Putting a thermometer in mine too.  Good luck to you.

You sound just like me. The wife is working today and gets off at 5:00 so I thought give her some time to relax when she gets home and then we can eat. Me and her and a nice 5lb prime rib :)

I ordered some stuff from Curley's and I also got the Prime Rib rub and inject stuff.  I did inject it and put the rub on earlier after I talked to you.  I only used 1/2 of the stuff so put the rest in the freezer for another roast some other time.  The rub has gotten real caramel/dark brown as it has gotten wetter.  Should be great.  

Mossy I am going to order some stuff from you the next time to try it all out.

After reading a bunch of different ways to cook Prime Rib I have changed what I am going to do a little. I have been reading that the lower and slower the more tender and juicy.  I am going to heat oven to 350.  Then put meat in and set oven to 225.  Leave there till done.  120 is when I will take it out and foil and towel to rest.  I will have a thermometer in it too.  Got one last year and it is fun to monitor it.

Just fine. Tonite its ham and hobo taters. Tomorrow with the kids its a charcoal grilled season rolled pork loin, dairy spuds, wild rice, and creamed peas. Momma sure is hard on the poor little piggy's this weekend.:P

Ya gotta admit smurf,  deep down you wanna turn her frown upside down :P.

How's our dinner coming along fellas? 

:Dactually, I gave her Reb's address

Just fine. Tonite its ham and hobo taters. Tomorrow with the kids its a charcoal grilled season rolled pork loin, dairy spuds, wild rice, and creamed peas. Momma sure is hard on the poor little piggy's this weekend.:P

Don't be sending your fan club groupies down here!!!    

Uh....what's a "dairy spud?"

Edited by RebelSS

That does sound good smurf, but I was wondering if we needed to take our seats for prime rib yet...I got the forks.