• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One of my favorite words. Primerib...

Ya, I'm with you on the prime rib.  I have a 11 pounder I bought a month ago that I got for 7.99 lb.  I use Lipton beefy onion soup mix [fixed the regular way] but I do add two Heaping tablespoons of diced garlic to it.  I've used it for years.  Simple and good.  Good luck.

Ya, I'm with you on the prime rib.  I have a 11 pounder I bought a month ago that I got for 7.99 lb.  I use Lipton beefy onion soup mix [fixed the regular way] but I do add two Heaping tablespoons of diced garlic to it.  I've used it for years.  Simple and good.  Good luck.

Thanks alot, now I am drooling at my desk craving Prime Rib.:)

Flash, you make the beefy onion soup as the au jus.  I make it just like on the soup box direction.  I do  add the two heaping tablespoons of diced garlic to it while its simmering.  When it's done I pour it in a pan and add the slices of prime rib to it.  Keeps the meat tasty, moist, and tender as a butchers heart.  good luck.

Just talked with my cuz, who is a firefighter in Diablo Canyon, Ca. They're making a big prime rib...one of the guys got a 27 lb one...:blush:

Found a sale price out there of it for $9.99 a lb....

Edited by RebelSS

Nobody mentioned the horseradish.  As my dad slices up the beautiful bone-in prime rib, my mom prepares a homemade creamy horseradish sauce.  Can't wait for those meat sweats after several pieces of delicious prime rib, soaked in au jus and covered with horseradish.  

Ha Ha  I can't wait to get at it.  I am thinking of cooking it like I saw on here a couple of years ago.  Let roast stand till room temp.  Rub with whatever you like. I think I will do onion powder, garlic powder, Lawreys, Cavenders.   Put in oven uncovered.  Then preheat till 500.  Turn oven off. Do not open door.  Wait 1 hour.  Then turn oven to 350.  Probe will be in it so take out at 125.  Cover with foil and towels.  Let sit till 130-135. This took about 20 - 30 minutes from what I remember. I did this before once and it was the best Prime Rib I think I ever had.  I am so disappointed with it in restaurants these days.  Back in the day you could get great prime rib when eating out.  Now not many places know how to do it right.

How's that sound RH1?  Is that about right?

Nobody mentioned the horseradish.  As my dad slices up the beautiful bone-in prime rib, my mom prepares a homemade creamy horseradish sauce.  Can't wait for those meat sweats after several pieces of delicious prime rib, soaked in au jus and covered with horseradish.  

I gotz plenty horseradish.........i'll bring the cooler full!!!!!!!!!! and a bib!!!!!!!

I have horseradish growing in my pasture.  I may have to dig some up for the Xmas Prime Rib event then.

Have never done it before.  Will check back with you next summer about it Smurf....

I just buy the bottled stuff in the store.  Will do Del's add sour cream to make creamy for the meat.

I have horseradish growing in my pasture.  I may have to dig some up for the Xmas Prime Rib event then.

Have never done it before.  Will check back with you next summer about it Smurf....

I just buy the bottled stuff in the store.  Will do Del's add sour cream to make creamy for the meat.

OK.DOKEY!!!!!!!! it does require drinking beer when you make it though!!!!!!!:P

Ha Ha  I can't wait to get at it.  I am thinking of cooking it like I saw on here a couple of years ago.  Let roast stand till room temp.  Rub with whatever you like. I think I will do onion powder, garlic powder, Lawreys, Cavenders.   Put in oven uncovered.  Then preheat till 500.  Turn oven off. Do not open door.  Wait 1 hour.  Then turn oven to 350.  Probe will be in it so take out at 125.  Cover with foil and towels.  Let sit till 130-135. This took about 20 - 30 minutes from what I remember. I did this before once and it was the best Prime Rib I think I ever had.  I am so disappointed with it in restaurants these days.  Back in the day you could get great prime rib when eating out.  Now not many places know how to do it right.

How's that sound RH1?  Is that about right?

This is exactly how i do mine.  I have also done regular roast using this method but have to be careful it does not dry out.  another way you can try is do the same method above only turn the oven off for 1 hr after the 500 mark and then after the second hour turn on to 325 for 30 min.