• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Didn't really want to see this!

leech~~

I got a brand new snowmobile trailer two years ago which has not been used all that much with not much snow. I had been hearing some horror stories about the tilt bed bolts freezing up and breaking but not really on the brand that I bought. I wanted to be on the safe side and started looking for some stainless replacement bolts to change them out and ran across this on-line for the brand I have. I really didn't want to see that this maybe a large enough problem to offer a replacement part for half the dang trailer! The wish bone design is one reason I bought this thinking that it was a stronger design! So now I'll be worried at 65mph about the bolts freezing up and breaking or the tongue! :(

This listing is for the Triton 06501 XT Wishbone Tongue Assembly used to replace your damaged or broken wishbone tongue on your Triton XT Trailer.

Triton 06501 XT Wishbone Tongue Assembly

Triton 06501 XT Wishbone Tongue Assembly

viewImage.jpg Click on Image to Enlarge

Product ID: TRITON-06501
Bell# TRITON-06501
MFG# 06501
$341.00
$299.99
Select Quantity:
You Save $41.01! (12%)
Available for Local Pickup Only

Its just a replacement part for sale......I dont see the concern? Lots of trailers get damaged out of stupidity or accidents. As for bolts seizing in aluminum....You can either keep them all soaked with penetrating oil or put anti seize on them.....Just kind of the nature of the beast with alum. I think the only moving parts on yours are the pivots for the tilt? I think you are worrying without need.

Leech-  the things in life you worry about are generally the things in life you shouldn't be worrying about.  That rings true all the time so the fact its on your mind makes it fall into that category.  Unfortunately now you have a ton of other things to worry about :)

flat tire, blown gasket, heat not working, no snow (oops, that wasn't isn't working)

Well this isn't my first pony show! I am on my 4th snowmobile trailer so have had a few fun break downs over the years. Cracked both leaf springs 20 miles up the Gunflint trail one Sunday evening on the way back from Laker fishing once.  Last Alm, trailer did crack the frame right above the axle so been around this block a few times and am just trying to head off a few things on this new trailer before they happen. Alm and steel doen't play well together over time with salt helping the process along!  Thanks for the don't worries though. Can I get your ceil numbers so when I break down next time I can call for some good words at least! :-)  Dang emoticons don't work on works PC!

Edited by leech~~

I did have the bolts that serve as "hinges" for my cap on a similar trailer seize and essentially break off. I replaced them with SS and will see how long they last. This makes me think that I should check the main bolts as well, and the bed pivot point. Good thing is that mine is essentially a mini-garage these days, hasn't moved in 4 years... But I plan to change that, so I should check it out. Thanks for the reminder.