• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Converting blower on empire heater

mysnopro

Like to run it off 12 volt with out a inverter. Anyone try it? Guess I would have to find a 12 volt motor that would bolt in place.

You said it right, you would have to get a 12 volt blower motor. Their out there.

It was a easy swap! Parts store had a universal motor fit perfect! Only thing it need was a switch to slow fan down. Nothing 50 bucks total didn't solve! Nice mod for those running empire heaters. Saves on battery because you don't need a inverter running.

Hey MySnoPro...........

Now that the season is about over, would you be able to share a little more info on your conversion?

Maybe a part #, etc. from that parts store?  In general, how it ended up working out.  Like any fish house working off a 12 volt grid, the goal is to try and  find a motor that is real power efficient, quiet, but still gets the job done.  I'm guessing you can't be as picky with this type of blower motor, like a person tries to be when picking out those PC fans used to move air around in a fish house.  I don't already have the 110volt blower kit, so I'd have to first buy that, then immediately set the 110volt motor aside (and probably never use it again) and swap in a 12 volt motor. I wish I didn't have to pre-invest in the 110 volt motor first, but I don't know of any other way to get the process started.  I don't think Empire will sell the kit, less the 110 volt motor.  Anyway...just looking for whatever you can more offer.  It seems I never stop thinking of more ways to tinker with the ice shanty.

Thanks.