• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quick and Easy Ice House Foods.

Boar

A Thermos full of chicken noodle soup is always with me, and another full of brats or hot dogs....fill Thermos with boiling water. Ready when you are. Keep yer buns warm. 

Good idea on the thermos for the hot dogs!!! Never thought of that!!! I have one of those wide mouths Stanleys that would work just perfect. And another Stanley for the soup!!

I used my Buddy heater to cook all sorts of things....make whatever you want ahead of time, and freeze or put it in one of those square disposable aluminum pans/trays.  Heat and eat. This was my first quickie rack;  I later made a removable rack out of a square wire cookie cooling rack you can buy anywhere. Cut to hook on top; bend as needed. You can also use paint roller tray screens..like this one.  Mini pizzas sure are good on the ice! :)

34836f8be0c3eaf4f5e38de3f4ef9cd8.jpg

Edited by RebelSS

One thing nice about those vac bags is that you can freeze your food in them and then just simmer the bag with the food inside in water without making any dishes dirty and put the heated food right on a paper plate.  good luck.

I just heated up some lasagna last week in a vac bag that we froze.  Put it in frozen and let it simmer for awhile.  Worked absolutely great...  First time I tried it.  

So Boar.  You just crack the eggs and put them in the ziplock with cheese sausage onions whatever and then just simmer till done?  That sounds great.  I might try that Sat. morning at home.  Sounds easy.

Word to the wise from the not so wise, cook the veggies first.  They won't cook immersed in egg.  Also only put about two eggs worth in each bag or it won't get done in the middle. 

Found out both those things on a canoe trip.  :(

yup. like del says to, i just sick eggs and cheese and precooked sausage. wen we got.to eelpout fst. wife makes 4 days worth of cooked.food lime reb mentioned in thos e tinfoild roaster pans

sounds to me your wife should be on this forum and not you. appears she's the one doing the cookin!!!!!!:P:whistle:

Reb, that little rack for your Buddy is pretty slick!  Good idea!  exact same heater I have. Never thought about using it as a "re-heater" but makes perfect sense.  

Been lots of mods to those over the years! Pretty popular now as a little "oven". It does get stuff HOT fast, have to watch it. I've even seen guys lay them down and use the rack like a stove top! I keep my rack the same size as the heat guard, to keep from melting the plastic. You can even pick up an extra "heat guard" from the company, drill 2 holes in top of frame where the  regular guard goes in, and hook it in upside down so it "sticks out".:grin:

Some guys go all out. :lol:

7149_4ecc34267d916.jpg 3072X2304 px

Edited by RebelSS

I've got a Mr Heater cooker so I don't get to make all the fun adapters Mr Reb does.  I like when the O2 gets depleted and my eyes burn too!

Reb- 15 weiners?  Kind of over kill isn't it?

Well, I heard you and the "others" were headed over, so I figgered I'd better have enough. Second batch goes on in a bit. :lol:

I have a guilty pleasure of eating dinty moore beef stew on my sunflower heater. Its just one of those things that its so bad, its good. It almost a superstition now for me on the ice. Never seems to fail as I soon as I get it ready to eat the fish start biting. In this pic you can see it cooking in the background with one of my dinner guests that evening. I will also admit to throwing it on the exhaust manifold of a snowmobile to heat my dinner.

photo F807AB6D-5FAE-4768-A519-B28199D759BC_zpsnlaqgznc.jpg