• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moon Lake Refuge

Finished up all the T&G last week.  Just have a couple gaps where we will have trim or a bathroom wall covering those spaces.  Looking at putting in the bathroom wall next then possibly cabinets.  This week will likely just be throwing in some wire for electric jacks and hooking up the battery so I don't have to keep plugging in for lights.  Need to take a little time off to get some stuff done in the house but hopefully will get some more done in a week or two.

IMG_0730.JPG

Just now, YettiStyle said:

Side question, I noticed you had the Milwaukee M18 Oscillating tool in one of your pictures.  How do you like it?  Love my M18s and that might be my next purchase. 

Love it.  Bought a box store $30 piece of junk and it broke inside of the first hour.  This thing has been great, variable speed and easy blade changes.  Eats the batteries pretty quick but that's a given. overall just reaffirmed that even if I think its a one time job I'm done buying junk tools.  If its worth having once its worth keeping!

Side note, now that you guys are picking out how much junk I have laying all over the place I should've probably posted the pictures from after I cleaned it up a bit!

1 hour ago, eagle_3464 said:

Looking good, really nice job.

I see some features on that frame that look very familiar. It's good to see more people going with the galvanized frame.

That was one of the few areas, regardless of price that we weren't willing to compromise on.  And thanks!

Slowly moving along.  Some design changes came up with the back bench.  Just resting there for now, will be framed up with 2X2s and the top will be cut down a bit for better window clearance.  Also adding storage along the sides of the bed, and will have armrests that can flip open for drinks or whatever you want close by.  Along the walls in front of the bed I'm not sure whats going there yet.  May be tackle storage, rod holders or may just be a cabinet door for storage.  Will probably decide that closer to the end.

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

I'm really liking the look of that couch/bed in back.  Interested to see how that will look finished up.  Don't know if you need more storage or not but I just finished up with one of my smaller projects and thought I would share.  I just added a small cabinet along the back wall near the top.  Don't even notice it there and I can fit a surprising large amount of stuff inside.  Dimensions are 13.25" deep (12.5" shelf inside) by 14" tall.  

39833.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Lip_Ripper Guy said:

Are those plates to protect your wires from the nailer?

Yep, also notched out the wood so they are inset, partly there just to keep the wire in place also. 

17 minutes ago, YettiStyle said:

I'm really liking the look of that couch/bed in back.  Interested to see how that will look finished up.  Don't know if you need more storage or not but I just finished up with one of my smaller projects and thought I would share.  I just added a small cabinet along the back wall near the top.  Don't even notice it there and I can fit a surprising large amount of stuff inside.  Dimensions are 13.25" deep (12.5" shelf inside) by 14" tall.  

39833.jpeg

If we weren't putting a bunk up top I would definitely have storage built in up there but we will have the bunk there and will likely be using it a good chunk of the time

Feel your pain, I'm 6'3" so all my beds are built for me.  I've got the same kind of couch/bed setup in back and two 80" bunks that fold down from each side over the wheel wells.  Always nice when you don't have cold toes sticking over the edge or having to curl up in the fetal position to sleep. 

Fine tuned the back bench and it's ready for trim and cushions.  Arm wrests will have a hinged top that will be padded and covered with the same fabric the beds are made out of.  Hoping to build the second bench this weekend and finish off the wheel wells.  May do some trim around the windows if I get to is then it's basically two cabinets and the furnace and we're almost there.  Ran into a snag with where to put our back hole lights so we're scrapping those.  Just put in a 60$ order for rgb strips, so we'll have one run under each couch and one run along each wheel well.  All on remote so we can dim them and fish with red at night.  Or purple green or yellow if we're feeling funky.image.jpeg

Just something to consider. By putting those armrests on each end you've boxed in your bed, and sometimes that can get pretty crowded for your toes. If you take a little of the leftover foam and have it covered with fabric, you can stick it on each end of the mattress and cut round holes in it for beer cans. You can still stretch out and you have the worlds best spill proof can coolers. 

IMG_0600.JPG

Edited by Hawg

18 minutes ago, Hawg said:

Just something to consider. By putting those armrests on each end you've boxed in your bed, and sometimes that can get pretty crowded for your toes. If you take a little of the leftover foam and have it covered with fabric, you can stick it on each end of the mattress and cut round holes in it for beer cans. You can still stretch out and you have the worlds best spill proof can coolers. 

IMG_0600.JPG

Thought about that but the bed is already close to 7 foot wide so we shouldn't have issue with space. 

Moving along!  Got a couple holes in the floor, back bunk is done, front bunk in the next week or so.  Kitchen cabinet is framed up(not sure when we'll get the stove for it) heat is working!  Really just the front bunk, countertops and some trim work left! 

IMG_1007.JPG

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

29 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

Looking really good. Best bet for a stove is to find a new or damaged camper at a salvage yard. I was able to pick my magic chef up for $175 and it looked like new!

We'll probably just pick up a new one.  Just a couple screws though so I'm still tempted to just swap out the stove from my camper in the spring and fall.