Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

rundrave

need new truck tires

11 posts in this topic

need new truck tires for my tundra crew max 4x4

currently have cooper discoverer at-3 and I have been happy with them but they didn't quite make the 60k I was expecting. rotated them every 10k and they did ok offroad or in deep snow, I will basically get about 45k out of them.

I am considering going with goodyear wrangler AT adventures after some searching on here. Any others I should be researching? I am looking for something that wont reduce MPG but still do ok offroad and snow when needed. truck is a daily driver and I put on about 10-15k a year.

I love my new tires. Michelin LTX M/S2   Not offroad, but smooth on the road and have deep grooves for the snow.  Daily driver for me too.

FishinFools likes this

want a cool looking tire that is loud and stinks in normal snow conditions on streets?

Hankook Dynapro ATM's, I have em and luckily they are almost worn out.   In 4 wheel drive on my driveway that has a tiny grade to it I once slipped sideways just creeping along until I got stuck on the boulder retaining wall.  Look cool though!!!

Another vote for Michelins.  Wore out the set ford gave me on my explorer.  Pretty close to 100k miles.  80K for sure.  I forgot to write down the milage when they did the recall.  

Never let me down. 

It's all personal preference fore sure. Most of my pickups have had Goodyear AT"s which did fairly well. This last set I purchased was Bfgoodrich AT / TA, which is a pretty aggressive tire, no problems what so ever on or off road, noise wise not to bad either.  

I'm sitting at 68000 on em now, probably going into the last winter with em, but I'll do these again. 

I love my new tires. Michelin LTX M/S2   Not offroad, but smooth on the road and have deep grooves for the snow.  Daily driver for me too.

I have a Tundra crew 4x4 also and I have Michelin's...and I believe they are also the LTX M/S2. They are less then a month old so not the best review but so far they are quit, had no affect on MPG, but I haven't seen snow in them yet.

I run Goodyear AT adventures on my Tundra. No issues with MPG's. I like them. Not as good on ice as I had anticipated but snow and slush are just fine.

Another vote for Michelin.   Just put them on.   The wrangler set that came with the truck for the factory only got 43000.  However I only rotated them once. 

Firestone transforce and love them........But I needed a heavier tire for towing a weighty toy hauler.

Treadwear would be probably a little less, but Cooper has an all terrain/winter(AT/W). It's much like an AT-3 but with a much more winter tread design, that can still be run year round. My Expedition just got a set. They made my burb with barely worn Continentals seem pathetic on that really slippery Monday we had a few weeks ago. These would likely be a lot cheaper than the Goodyears. $77 a piece less on my Expedition.. 

Won't knock Michelins, but high treadwear always comes at the cost of traction. That applies to any tires. You could spend years with poor winter traction depending on the tire. If you ever experience winter tires, you probably won't go back.

Price/ traction are my two highest priorities. And not made in PRC..

I am a big fan of the Hercules AT-II.  They are moderately aggressive, good looking, great on and off road, and I have gotten 75,000 miles of treadlife(I run them till the true end of tread life however).  Cost is better than most as well.

The only con is they do have a howl that of course getting louder with age.  Not bad, but it is there.