• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

snowmobile

smurfy

Question

25 answers to this question

any one have any ideas how much a 1995 ski-doo touring E snowmobile is worth? 35-38 hundred miles, high windshield, electric start with new battery. in good shape.

What size motor? I'm thinking not seeing it and in good shape no rips in seat or track about $1,000+ now for a 15 year old sled. You can check prices on the c/list as well to get a ball park.

yea leech, bet that info would help!!!!!!!!!:cry: lol. it a 440 cc motor.

Kdd, after I posted this I googled it and that came up. not impressed with there suggested price. this sled has been taken care of. just hasn't been started in a while. with my wifes health issues she has no desire to ride sleds no more. kinda stinks getting old!!!!!!!!:(

by the way thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!

to state the obvious, you need to start it up and run it, so you can truthfully say it runs well.   Then look at Craig's around the state and see what sleds are going for.  On a trailer so you could deliver it? 

Remember transactions like this are a cash kind of deal unless you really trust the guy. 

if it doesn't start or run well then I just don't know what to tell you...the fact that it isn't in good shape doesn't help either....

I also said it IS in good shape!!!!!!!!:cool::/ and it WILL  run good. just need snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::lol:

IF ya get it, pull those plugs, spray the cylinders good with WD-40 or fogging oil, flush fuel lines, drain ANY gas/oil in it, spray carb throats with some cleaner, and SLOWLY pull it over 4-5 times before ya really yank her to start it. Get it going, dump some Seafoam in that 1/4 tank of fresh non-oxy gas with the good 2 cycle air-cooled oil you just put in it....and let it run awhile before ya start revving it up..:grin:

that's all well and good Reb but if he didn't Summerize it last year it won't do any good.  The fetzer valves obviously got bent when he unhooked the odometer three years ago.  She did win a few of those Summer water skipping contests in Hayward a few years ago.  Took her a few dunkings to get the hang of it but after a while she was pretty dang good if i remember right.

maybe try a new plug... if you can get her running I'd buy it if you take 3rd party checks?

let me have time. I want to grease it. I also want snow to run it to make sure all is good. but yea that can work.

reb,  I pull fogging oil in it, the gas was siphoned out each spring AND I have run nothing but non oxy juice in it for years!!!!!!! 

that's all well and good Reb but if he didn't Summerize it last year it won't do any good.  The fetzer valves obviously got bent when he unhooked the odometer three years ago.  She did win a few of those Summer water skipping contests in Hayward a few years ago.  Took her a few dunkings to get the hang of it but after a while she was pretty dang good if i remember right.

:P:D:D yea if you meet my wife i'm sure you'd think she did water jumping!!!!!!:D she walks with a cane!

:P:D:D yea if you meet my wife i'm sure you'd think she did water jumping!!!!!!:D she walks with a cane! and it gets summarized each spring.

Edited by smurfy

O cripes, was that the Women's Haul-azz contest, where the person that formerly owned it, AKA known as "Bodacious Bertha", came of the water so hard, with so much momentum, she continued up the beach, and clean thru the side of the Polecat Inn, smashing into the stage where Snakey Jake and the Squat-thrust Five was setting up?! I heard about THAT!

Ya, I bet those slides and bearings are toast, not to mention the the pistons in those scored cans. (No, not hers) Might be a major rebuild..,,,,,,,:crazy:

let me have time. I want to grease it. I also want snow to run it to make sure all is good. but yea that can work.

reb,  I pull fogging oil in it, the gas was siphoned out each spring AND I have run nothing but non oxy juice in it for years!!!!!!! 

:P:D:D yea if you meet my wife i'm sure you'd think she did water jumping!!!!!!:D she walks with a cane!

:P:D:D yea if you meet my wife i'm sure you'd think she did water jumping!!!!!!:D she walks with a cane! and it gets summarized each spring.

I saw that coming...sorry.  I'm sure they have multiple divisions that accomodate everyone.  I have a buddy with one leg and he drives a snowmobile like a maniac, he had one with a nitro button...no kidding.

I have a 2002 Arctic Cat Sabre Cat with 300 miles on it, no kidding.  Electric Start, reverse, and I drive it to the fish house and back about a mile each way ten times a year.  It's like the old lady that only drives to church that has a twenty year old buick with 13,000 miles on it.

btw-it doesn't start right now cause I forgot to start it once a month this Summer like my mechanic told me to. Lord knows opening the garage door at the cabin and turning the key would have been soooooo hard to do.

WHAT?!!  Smurfette owned it??! I thought he was BUYING ONE from someone!!!!!! I'm lost now!!!! Say, who's drinking on here...:/

Next you guys'll be telling me Smurfy flys in to his ice-fishing spot, too...

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by RebelSS

reb-  I thought that he was buying one too.  After reading over his OP he didn't indicate either way, so our mistake.

What I do know is the thing doesn't run :) and he may come to our house and try to kill us. 

And, I really DID think he WAS buying one. That's why I posted the engine advice. (been rebuilding them since about, oh, '72 or '73, back when I was racing...)  Hey, admit it, we did get you guys to smile, didn't we? :grin: 

That's what keeps me going/gets me thru some days. I'd trade places to be any one of ya, but some things I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Edited by RebelSS