• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gopher Basketball

JBMasterAngler

2 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

That's about how long their ranking lasted the last time also, wasn't it? 

While I fully expected them to be a better team this year, I also didn't think of them as anything more than NIT bound. Still nice to see them get a couple conference wins though.

Anything should be better than last year. I haven't seen much of them yet this year except the second half of the Ohio State game but I love to watch Richard Coffey's kid. Hopefully he just keeps getting better. The sad part is it seems the Gophers have a hard time recruiting these good players unless they are the offspring of a former Gopher alumni.

Boy, it sounds like after last night, some of you have given up hope already.

Last night is one of two games this year they have looked pedestrian.  I doubt they will shoot 30% very many games this year.

I think it would have been tough for just about anyone to match Michigan states energy last night.  I can see this team as a 22 win team.  Should be good enough to make the tournament.

2 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Anything should be better than last year. I haven't seen much of them yet this year except the second half of the Ohio State game but I love to watch Richard Coffey's kid. Hopefully he just keeps getting better. The sad part is it seems the Gophers have a hard time recruiting these good players unless they are the offspring of a former Gopher alumni.

Well I agree this may have been true in recent years...it seems this is maybe changing. Next season they have 2 kids from NY coming in, 1 of which (Isiah Washington) is the #1 pg recruit from NYC...the kid can flat out ball and I think his ceiling will only rise since he committed/signed.

I think NCAA tourney is realistic this year, and they could even make a small run. I honestly think this team can beat anyone, I also think they can lose any game as the pieces are quite there yet. They did lose Fitzgerald before the season that was expected to add a lot. Looking into next season the only player they lose will be springs he is def a spark off the bench and veteran presence. However with Mason being a senior guard next year I think that team could be real legit!

They were already in even before last night, I think. Now they are working on getting a decent seed. I think a 6 or better is a lock, as long as they don't throw up on themselves and lose the rest. Could go as high as a 4 if they win out and win a couple in the conference tourney.

Hard to believe they were 8-23 a year ago!

4 hours ago, hoppe56307 said:

Wow what a run they have been on lately.   Pitino has definitely rewarded the fan base after last season, with the best big ten season in the last 20yrs. With a win against the Badgers they will get a double bye in the big 10 tournament.

Just a month ago saying "a win against the Badgers" would have been laughable, and now it seems likely! Quite a turn-around...getting hot at the right time!

He deserved it, he flipped the record from last year 8-23 to 23-8 this year.  I saw a projection for the NCAA tourny that has the Gophers as high as a 5 seed. 

14 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Never mind :)

Edited by hoppe56307