Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
JBMasterAngler

Gopher Basketball

Personally, I think hiring him was well worth the gamble, but it should be with the understanding that it's an experiment with a small window of opportunity. First year went great, topping it off with the NIT. Should've been something good to build on. Last year, they looked terrible! This year, barring a miracle, they're going to be even worse! 

Gophers are potentially going to get tired of hearing the words South Dakota this week. After the loss to USD, they play SDSU tomorrow and I think most people would argue that SDSU is a better team than USD. Not to say that guarantees a win for the Gophers or the Jackrabbits, but I wouldn't be surprised to see SDSU pull off the win. Then the Gophers play Oklahoma State in Sioux Falls, SD on Saturday. 

Could be a long week for little Richard.

beatdown from SDSU this evening, they dominated from start to finish, and did it without their best player. Good news for gopher fans, there aren't any more D1 teams from South Dakota to play this year.

That's good to know. :blush: Was in Mpls. that night and some friends had tickets. Luckily they didn't ask us to go so we ended up at Brit's instead. Going to be a long major winter sports season at the U methinks. :(

That's good to know. :blush: Was in Mpls. that night and some friends had tickets. Luckily they didn't ask us to go so we ended up at Brit's instead. Going to be a long major winter sports season at the U methinks. :(

What do you mean a long winter sports season the Men's Hockey team is leading the big 10 despite having a 7-8 record. :sick:

Not in the 51 years I've been following them. Still going to some games with my Dad but looking forward to the girls games more this year.

I agree. When someone calls and asks if I'd like to use their tickets or go along, I always try to make it work. And I don't mind driving since they were kind enough to ask me. 

Other than the Clem Haskins era when the games were vacated, forfeited or whatever, not that I can tell. There were 4 seasons when they won just one: '22- '23, '26 - '27, '28 - '29, and '32 - '33. I think I heard this is the worst start since the '22- '23 season. You can go back to look before the Barn was around here:

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/m-baskbl-year-by-year-records.html

Fun to look at. I see Johnny Kundla's name and remembered him fondly. Nice guy.. He was my instructor in a conditioning class I had at the U. Last I knew he was still alive.

My big basketball buddy said " can't wait to get rid of Tubby's recruits" then Pitino will dominate until he moves onto a better program. I think he's lucky he had Tubby's recruits they at least got him a NIT title if that's correct ?

I cant believe the few hundred fans that attended last nights game stormed the court. U of M mediocrity at its best. After the whole losing record football bowl debacle this fall I shouldn't be surprised.

The box score says 10k fans attendance for last night, that's a pretty big stretch from I what I could see.

3 hours ago, O.T.C. said:

My big basketball buddy said " can't wait to get rid of Tubby's recruits" then Pitino will dominate until he moves onto a better program. I think he's lucky he had Tubby's recruits they at least got him a NIT title if that's correct ?

That is correct. In retrospect, firing Tubby at this point appears to have been a miscalculation on Teague's part. Tubby wasn't "his guy".Let's see how Little Richard's recruits do next year however. If they don't show marked improvement, someone else will have a job. Of course he may follow dad to UNLV anyway! ;)

On 2/19/2016 at 2:58 PM, rundrave said:

I cant believe the few hundred fans that attended last nights game stormed the court. U of M mediocrity at its best. After the whole losing record football bowl debacle this fall I shouldn't be surprised.

The box score says 10k fans attendance for last night, that's a pretty big stretch from I what I could see.

The M must stand for mediocre, or maybe what they aspire to.

There went my season ticket plans! ;)

Dumb. They may get the ax permanently if the precedence of what happened to some on the football squad a few years back comes into play. May pave the way for Little Richard to follow Dad to his next coaching job, UNLV or wherever.