• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Roasting SHREK!

Boar

ok so here I am on the verge of prepairing on e of my prized bear roast for a sunday evening of gutonous indulgence of protien and drink. I decide to put a mustard rub on it to smoke it for a while before entering a crock pot or roaster. I decide to use the sample pack of Tonka dust from a recent order from Owens BBQ. I sat ther applying the rub and my son looks over my shoulder and says "WTF you cooking SHREK for? Laft so hard, I thought I made fun of smurf or reb. soooooooooo we'll see how SHREK turns out.

20151205_130920.jpg

The Tonka dust dosent merge well with the mustard.. obviously

ok so here I am on the verge of prepairing on e of my prized bear roast for a sunday evening of gutonous indulgence of protien and drink. I decide to put a mustard rub on it to smoke it for a while before entering a crock pot or roaster. I decide to use the sample pack of Tonka dust from a recent order from Owens BBQ. I sat ther applying the rub and my son looks over my shoulder and says "WTF you cooking SHREK for? Laft so hard, I thought I made fun of smurf or reb. soooooooooo we'll see how SHREK turns out.

20151205_130920.jpg

The Tonka dust dosent merge well with the mustard.. obviously

watch it bud!!!!!!!! by the way. your cooking that bad you need ALL those seasonings to cover it up?????

my wife has never and will never win any June Cleaver house keeping awards.  We end up with many moldy items in the pantry over the year and yes Reb it looks as though Bear shot that thing Sept 1 and didn't quite get to the butchering til Sept 5 (my birthday).  The things gone bad and should be shipped to my house ASAP for disposal.

Looks dynamite boar, you best show some pics of that bad bear..with them short looking legs and the colors I'm guessing smurf is over..:D

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!        36_2_33.gif

Edited by RebelSS

well shrek is on the smoke, but im not sure what to make of him, i know i love this meat but just cant seem to get past images of my kids infancy on the changing table. anyone care to sameple this roast first when its done? LL? SMURF? REB? BOBBER? HOW about yiu rieny? your adventerous.

20151206_082440.jpg

Mustard tonka dust rub, hmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by Boar

I have good news and bad news and a thought.

Bad news- that looks awful.  Actually it looks worse than that and you've admitted it.   

Good news- when it's done it will look awesome and taste awesome.

Thought- you're trying to promote less people to bear hunt by posting that bear meat photo, genius.

Heck a pork butt in the smoker when it's done to a lot of folks looks like it's burnt but that's pig candy in my eye's.  I think once you dig in it will look great.  You got some good rub and the mustard don't hurt a thing.  good luck.

oh yeah Im looking forward to it for sure.just interesting combination of mustard and tonka dust, i was gona do the norm with a other rubs of mine but decided to give mossy's dust a whirl. I'll post the progress today

so after 5.5 hrs of smoke I put shrek  in the crock pot and added the drippings, and set it to high. then i was not happy how it it looked so I decided to sear it now that the smoking was done and it looks better. so i am startting to get hungry.

20151206_122808.jpg

20151206_122815.jpg

20151206_123730.jpg

Ha! whats wrong with squish? man thats the best, I put 4 quartes in a roaster pan  at 365, hour latter the pulp rolled out the husk, puter in a backing dish with butter, brown sugar and marshmellow, and thats like garden candy. Oh yes!!

Looks great! Why the little servings? Ya on a diet? Why don'tcha slide over and lemme give it a whirl? :grin:

He is probably allowed to have seconds.   Sort of like when you go to one of those buffets and see people with a 6 inch high pile of food completely covering their plate, I can never figure out why they want to do that rather than putting on some food, eating that, and going back so the food isn't all mashed together and is still hot when you eat it.