• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St .Paul ice fishing show deals?

Dano02

Hey guys, 

I've been looking to buy a new auger and wondering if the Ice expo this weekend would have some make or break deals on one, or just hit up Cabela's or etc.. for one?  It would be kind of a hassle for me to get to the show as well and that's why I'm wondering if it's worth it since I haven't been there. 

Thanks

Usually no "screaming" deals, but 20-30% off retail is pretty common. Possibly a little more if you haggle and price shop different booths, especially on the last day.

If that is the only thing you are going for, you will likely lose money when figuring in gas, parking and admission.

But if you've never been to the show, it is worth checking out and spending half a day there :)

Edited by B-man715

Yes, got a LX7 for a screaming deal.  Gas, parking, admin and the cocktails included, still came out ahead vs retail $699 price.

You mind me asking what you ended up paying for the LX7? Been looking at buying one myself

Also worth mentioning, CASH IS KING :)

Some vendors will knock off another 5% or better if you ask about paying with cash vs. paying card fees.

I've spent a lot of dam money at that show over the years...... It's almost an evil event LOL

Edited by B-man715

I get my best deals on Sunday when their are fewer people and the vendor knows its the last day to sell the thing. Sometimes the only one left is the demo and they will sell that at a big discount. Vendors may be sold out of the latest and greatest widget but I will take that chance. I will go during the Vikings game tomorrow--also a great time to talk to the resort guys-Fun show for me, the boat is put away (3 days ago) can't ice fish yet so go to the show fantasize a little.

Today was the 1st time I've ever been to the ice fishing show, and it will certainly be my last! I'm assuming it was more busy than usual, since nobody is able to ice fish right now? I rarely make large purchases, so there aren't any deals at the show that are worth the hassle for me. I'll enjoy the tranquility of looking at stuff at fleet farm. Highlight of the day, I believe it was the clam setup. They had a guy sitting atop a fish tank showing off the action of a jig...one of the trout actually took the jig! He tried to play it so it would fall off, but it snapped his line, and now there is a trout with a tiny orange jig in his upper lip.

All the years that I've gone, (and it;s been many) never really found any great bargains, except on some lures. I've done far better waiting for the retailers to have their big sales. Kneew a lot of the vendors personally, too. Basically it's that "new car showroom" for them to get folks revved to buy.

I picked up a Pro XT Lodge from Reeds with all the stuff, hyfax, cover, pivot and hitch for less after tax than what the lodge alone costs retail before tax. Seemed like a pretty good deal if you ask me. We were there on Saturday and yes, it was a mad house right at the bottom of the stairs where the show started but after you get beyond that it thinned out.