• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We got him.......

Big Dave2

I would guess they'd put Sano in RF actually (Rosario in LF, Buxton in C).

I don't know if I buy Sano in the OF, but I don't know if I buy him at 3B either. I guess we have to do something with him until we can dump Mauer in a couple years and move Sano to his permanent home at 1B--his bat is far too good to just split DH reps so this is the only logical move if they are keeping Plouffe (and this indicates to me that they are). It'll be nice to have another power bat in the DH spot again if Park is indeed as good as he projects. Should be interesting!

Way to stay positive Big Dave he has not even took a swing yet... I have not seen this guy yet and I am not sure if he is the aforementioned "Nishioka" 2.0 or is he "Godzilla" 2.0... Our history points Dave's way but my homer heart allows me to at least see him play before I condemn him...

Big Dave we need to go have a beer sometime, I think the conversations would be a hoot.

Big Dave we need to go have a beer sometime, I think the conversations would be a hoot.

I'd definitely go have a beer with you or anyone else on this page but I'm afraid you would be disappointed in the conversation.:grin:

Way to stay positive Big Dave he has not even took a swing yet... 

Mark my words, he'll be a bust. If he's still on the Twin's big league roster 4 years from now, I'll eat my hat.

I agree, the twins keep hoping they are going to find the next best thing, only to have that fall flat in there face. baseball overseas is just a minor league player looking to make it to the bigs. why is it so easy for the twins to sign these players, its because no other teams pursue them.

I hope I am wrong, but I expect only average numbers at best in our larger ball parks, and much better pitchers.

again the same thing every year, we pass on all the good players, and pick up others that no one recruits or the left overs.

I'd definitely go have a beer with you or anyone else on this page but I'm afraid you would be disappointed in the conversation.:grin:

Mark my words, he'll be a bust. If he's still on the Twin's big league roster 4 years from now, I'll eat my hat.

Just on the roster? You know MN reputation for giving 34 second chances... 4 years... you might be eating that hat AND be right about him being a bust...

How's the new dude holding up ? I think we all hold our breath I remember the Nishioka and great reviews about him. Here he was nothing more then a chain smoker who looked like bozo the clown the night Michael Cuddyer had to take the hill I think vs. Texas. Think about all this DH talk over many years now and we let big pappi go same with Drew Brees and the Vikings QB carousel. Almost similar with grabbing the yankee catcher now when we had Wilson Ramos in uniform. Now we need a leadoff hitter and Ben Revere was here, idk anymore lol. Mauer looked good modeling the twins new red uni's.

BHP is looking like an everyday MLB player, at least based on the Twins roster.

Dozier .192

Buxton .182

Sano .136

Rosario .174

Plouffe .174

Suzuki .125

Park .143

Looks like he's fitting in perfectly. 

Can you say YUCK.  7 of our 9 opening day starters are batting sub .200 to start the season.  With such wide spread ineptitude at the plate it leads me to think there has to be an issue with the preparation they had going into the season or possibly something with the approach they are being taught.  Can 7 guys really be that bad or is it more reflecting the coaching? 

9 minutes ago, O.T.C. said:

The Mauer looked good modeling...........................Bung ho guy might be modeling our triple AAA uniforms pretty soon or at least they should teach him these 2 words " Rock Cats"

Problem is you can't send everyone with a terrible average down to AAA.  We wouldn't be able to field a complete team if you did.

Three HR's in the last four games..........not bad.

"Byung Ho Park's 466-foot solo shot off Angels reliever Joe Smith was both the longest home run hit in the majors on Saturday and longest HR ever at Target Field since it opened in 2010 (per ESPN's Home Run Tracker)."

You're just like my son, more in to style than substance. I remind him all the time that dunks in basketball count only 2 points just the same as a layup. 

The Twins will have to hope that he can hit a lot of HR's because I'm not too sure if he can do anything else. 

On one hand there is some hope that BHP will pick it up once he has had more time to adjust the major league pitching.  However, on the other hand major league pitchers will also get the book on him and be able to pitch him more effectively.  So I guess we'll have to see if he can continue to adjust to the game and then make adjustments based on what pitchers start trying to do to him at the plate.

Did anyone expected him to come in and start hitting .350 right out of the gate?  I was hoping he'd be in the .250 range with 20-25 home runs by the end of the season.  That still looks plausible. 

He's at least not a Nishioka, with health likely lead for jacks as a *(rookie)* idk. He's catching up to the MLB fastball but what a wasted season so to speak, the rest of the year is a scrimmage with maybe hurting some playoff teams down the road in Sept. Wish Joe would take note that it's ok to swing for a jack once in a while.