• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Remington V3??

After many years of toting my Remington 11-87 I'm thinking about getting a lighter shotgun, the 11-87 is a killing machine but my old shoulders tell me that I need something lighter.  Was looking into the Remington V3, looks like a nice gun, lighter and has the versa max technology. Has it even been released yet?? Found a lot of web reviews from early 2015 but can't find any for sale. Anybody have one yet?? Do you like it??

Any other lighter autos that you'd recommend?? I want the safety to be in the same spot as the Remington's....

Hadn't heard of a V-3 ? Just got a versamax now I'm wishing I would've held off maybe, the cabela's boys said nothing about a V-3 ? I like the fact it's stamped Ilion, New York, my nephews winchester pump is stamped Istanbul, Turkey lol.

On March 9, 2016 at 8:13 AM, bottomdweller said:

benelli montefeltro is a nice light shotgun.  Not a fan of remington now, older rems heck ya!!!!

Same here. I have 3 older 870s and I love em for what they are. A cheap, somewhat reliable, no-frills scattergun. A few buds have brought out their new Rem autos and pumps and I have been anything other than impressed. My dad bought a brand new 1100 (I think) and it was a single shot from day one. He traded it in on another 1100 (can't change a Remington fanboy I guess) and has had better luck with it but still has issues. 

I have 2 wingmaster 870's, 1 3" express, 1 3.5" express supermag, a BDL 30.06, and now a versamax. I despise the hypersonic shell from Remington other then that made in New York if they float em overseas like Winchester then I'll look at everything available. Haven't even been to a gunsmith with any of my remingtons, I'm 46 years old so my oldest gun was 1981 so 35 years mercy and they've been through plenty, I guess I take care of them after every hunt so maybe that's been the key or maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe a year from now I'm singing a different tune idk time will tell. Buy American, don't buy an Istanbul Turkey Winchester.