• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tickets in Canada

Bryce

Is scalping allowed there? The neighbor girl has been named to the u18 national team and we are thinking about attending the tournament in St. Catherine's. Neither of us has ever been to Niagara Falls so we figured it would make a perfect short get away. The only thing we can find so far is a total tournament ticket package for all 10 days and we just plan on attending the medal games. 

Ontario’s Ticket Speculation Act amendment, brought in July 1, allows the for-profit resale of tickets if sellers can provide authentication or offer a money-back guarantee. (July 1, 2015fyi).

Bryce- law was made for Ticketmaster basically.  I'm sure some blow joe on the street isn't going to be able to offer those things.  Seems they don't care much about doing anything about two "willing" parties standing on a street corner making a deal from what I've understood.

Congrats on her making the U18 team.

Thanks. Had already read the legal jibberish. Figured there has to be some guys on here with first hand experience outside Canadian rinks and how active a market there is. For all I know, we might be able to walk right up to the box office for a niche tournament such as this. Just doing a little homework.

Follow up for anyone who may ever pull this up in a search. We saw plenty of tickets for sale on the street as we walked in. Did not chat with any of them to compare prices. Really wasn't a bad seat in the house so all depended on your seating preference I guess.

We will be at center ice across from the benches for the gold medal game tomorrow. It was solid Canada colors tonite in that section. I sit next to an ederly woman who is a die hard Canada fan. Witty old gal and we had a good chat. Have to see how she reponds to a few more beers and heavy on the cowbell tomorrow. Niagra Falls very impressive.