• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Generator sale

ZapMan

Non-oxygenated gasoline with a stabil product. I was told by a small engine mechanic to turn the gas off and run it dry. Just as it starts to falter, pull the choke. This completely drains the fuel from the carb. I store one generator this way and I start the other generator weekly. Waiting on ice!

I really can't comment on the other brands all I can say is I have over 400 hours on my Yamaha 2000iu and it runs like the day I bought it. It will run over 10 hours on less than a gallon of gas powering the TV and keeping batteries charged on the RV while hunting. I have put in a couple new NGK plugs and change the amsoil in it once a year. I only run non Oxy. I bought it for $899 brand new and it has more than paid for itself. Good luck on your purchase.

Brother bought one of those "specials".  I think it ran (more or less) two or three times before we hauled it to the land fill. He now has a Honda and it behaves just as it should. We each have one outside our trailers while hunting and at night you can barely hear them hummmmmmminnngggg. Start every time. I've had mine so long can't remember when I bought it.

DON'T fall for those "specials" -you might get lucky or you could be another loser at Chinese Roulette.

On 12/2/2015 at 6:40 AM, timjones said:

I have the Honda EU2000i that I bought new in 2010 or 11, don't remember. It worked fine the first year and then turned to dump. Won't start if the temperature gets down to around 35-40 degrees. Had it in to get fixed 3 or 4 times. Each time they had it 3 or 4 weeks and said they replaced this or that and it should be fine. Each time I brought it home and left it sit in the cold overnight and it wouldn't start. Now if I want to start it I have to bring it in the house and warm it up for about a half hour and then it will start in three or four pulls. Never buy another Honda.

Whenever you start to use this generator then one thing is must you have to check is  that the wire connectors in the kill circuit. They are inside the cowling right behind the on/off switch on the side.It's a continuity loop so if a wire gets disconnected it wont start. Also pay attention to working of choke. Give some oil to it. Along with these tips you may also check other solutions in Honda EU2000i Manual. Check it now!! :)

FYI, Just bought myself a Honda EU2000i at Gander Mountain. They had a 20% off everything in the store (except guns and electronics) flyer in the mail. There retail price was $999. I got 20% off and then they gave me another $50 off for applying for a Gander card. Got it out the door for $750 plus tax. Great deal!!

On December 5, 2015 at 9:23 AM, DRH1175 said:

I really can't comment on the other brands all I can say is I have over 400 hours on my Yamaha 2000iu and it runs like the day I bought it. It will run over 10 hours on less than a gallon of gas powering the TV and keeping batteries charged on the RV while hunting. I have put in a couple new NGK plugs and change the amsoil in it once a year. I only run non Oxy. I bought it for $899 brand new and it has more than paid for itself. Good luck on your purchase.

I can vouch that the Yamaha 2000, Champion 2000, and Honda 2000 inverter generators are all very low noise and they all work well. The only difference in them is the Honda has a fuel pump the yamaha and champion are gravity fed. So if running an extended run fuel tank the Yamaha and champion need to be gravity fed. 

My my uncle bought his Yamaha for $899. I bought my champion for $450, and later got a Honda from my cousin for $200.......but it took about $200 in cover parts and the bottom plate to get it back in shape.... 

i've heard wen was good but haven't seen or tried one.