• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go Tide!

Big Dave2

16 hours ago, hawgchaser said:

I actually thought the better team lost, but you can't give up that many unchallenged "big" plays and expect to come out ahead. Like I said...tough for me to watch.

Yeah, Clemson was the more physically dominant team out there, but they busted so many coverages. Also I can see why their special teams are so awful. The same tight formation they used that enabled the onside kick is what happened on the return TD as well. Clemson had maybe one player outside of the far hash when the ball was kicked. I was actually watching with a friend and said "if the returning gets out to the far side he is going to score", and that is exactly what happened.

16 hours ago, Nick Kuhn said:

Yeah, Clemson was the more physically dominant team out there, but they busted so many coverages. Also I can see why their special teams are so awful. The same tight formation they used that enabled the onside kick is what happened on the return TD as well. Clemson had maybe one player outside of the far hash when the ball was kicked. I was actually watching with a friend and said "if the returning gets out to the far side he is going to score", and that is exactly what happened.

I don't know if they were more physical or dominant but they competed on a least a level playing field... IMO the gap the SEC used to have in talent with everybody else is gone. Last year OSU and now Clem have shown these other schools are now as gifted with TALENT as the best in the SEC which is still AL.

Now AL has to have better play calling (caused the busted coverages) and trick/Special teams plays to get the edge in their favor like the rest of CFB. I think the days SEC dominance, where they have the best 2-3 teams in the country, are over. there are now 5-6 teams that get all the top talent (Ore, OSU, AL, Clem, some TX team and 1 dark horse...) the rest of College Football is a horse a piece. AL cannot just win on having more talent anymore.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:19 PM, Big Dave2 said:

I'm not sure I agree with that. Clemson could not run the ball and could not stop the big plays on defense

I agree with this on running inside... AL was too big and quick inside but I felt like they could run wide effectively enough to get Watson the run pass option out there, he just was so effective throwing he did not run as much.

Big Plays were as much the play calling of AL than anything, AL had Clem guessing and they guessed wrong several times... (and I hate having to give Lane Kiffin a compliment... He is a jerk IMO... but that is a separate rant). 

Again I say it was 2 great CFB teams playing it out and it tilted AL way on that night. Not sure it could have gone another way on a different night as the teams are really competitive. Congrats AL and BigDave.