• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go Tide!

Big Dave2

Ah, yes!  Time is winding down for the FBS beauty pageant.  With the evening gown and swimsuit competition over, this week's rankings will hinge on the answers to the all-important question, "How would you solve world hunger?".   Appointment to the FBS invitational tournament and the eventual designated title of national champion is the job of 12 dignitaries only four of whom ever coached a college football team.  In an effort to promote diversity in the selection process, the NCAA has appointed both winner and loser "builders" from the coaching ranks. Tom Osborne and Barry Alvarez are well known winners while the more obscure losers Bobby Johnson  and Tyrone Willingham both have 46% winning percentages.  Tune in to the three episodes of NCAA/FBS Survivor or subject yourselves to watching the (archaic) FCS playoffs in which teams actually have to compete for a national title. 

Has the looks of a good game to me I don't watch Bama a real lot but they sure look to play great D and can run you over running the ball. I think the front 7 of both defenses is close to a wash. I  think MSU is going to have more trouble running the ball than BAMA, if Cook can get some time to throw the ball this should be a close game.

I think the opening point spread drops in half by game time.

BAMA by 3 in a defensive battle but who knows there's  been so many crazy games this year, all the big games look to be good matchups

Cook has a bum shoulder. He was really showing it in the 4th quarter against Iowa, hence the reason almost every single play of that final drive was a run play. If he can get 100% in the time off, Michigan State can certainly make things interesting. I'm hoping that both Michigan State and Clemson can cause hysteria and meet in the national title game.

Cook has a bum shoulder. He was really showing it in the 4th quarter against Iowa, hence the reason almost every single play of that final drive was a run play. If he can get 100% in the time off, Michigan State can certainly make things interesting. I'm hoping that both Michigan State and Clemson can cause hysteria and meet in the national title game.

Cook has a month to get healthy, but Bama's defense will be ready for him. Tide win 31-17.

congrats Dave.

What a terrible format though, 3pm game where many people work and later game when many people are at a party. I was home and looked at the score from time to time but watched the Wild game (and babysat a party).

They need to figure the game times out better.  

12 minutes ago, leechlake said:

congrats Dave.

What a terrible format though, 3pm game where many people work and later game when many people are at a party. I was home and looked at the score from time to time but watched the Wild game (and babysat a party).

They need to figure the game times out better.  

You've got that right!

That early game was terrible timing. I worked all day and when I got home I had to grill some steaks for supper, I barely got to watch any of it at all.:mad:

Having the championship game on a Monday night has never excited me much either.

Edited by Big Dave2

I had a feeling this would be similar to the last time Michigan State played Alabama a few years ago...but my goodness! The game was lost at the end of the 1st half when Cook threw the INT at the end zone. I also don't like the playoff format. It's getting too much like the NFL...way too long in-between games! Should be the friday night, instead of monday. All the new year's eve and new year's day games sucked! All blowouts! Makes having 40 bowl games not so bad after all.

No reason to believe they won't be in the mix next year. I think the biggest hurdle will be how they do without Kirby Smart as the defensive coordinator, and possibly the much anticipated departure of offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin. LSU will be typical LSU, ol' miss won't 3 peat against the tide, war eagle? Nope! Alabama's biggest trouble will probably be Florida (who I think will be better) in the SEC title game.

Tough game for me to watch.  If NFL teams need defensive players, they're going to have to shop all around the country.  It reminded me of college "park" football where a bunch of guys bought a keg and just ran around the field.  What a contrast to the FCS championship with disciplined teams executing fundamental football.  I actually thought the better team lost, but you can't give up that many unchallenged "big" plays and expect to come out ahead. Like I said...tough for me to watch.

I don't think the better team lost. Yes the best player on the field was from Clemson (Watson), man he was just awesome! but the combination of offense, defense, special teams and coach sabin  and the experience of being there is hard to beat. Really surprised how the Bama defense got pushed around and the speed of Clemson was impressive. Fun game to watch! Clemson should be no. 1 going into next year with most of their starters back and the Tide will reload and make a run at it...

Congrats to Tide Fans (BigDave in Particular) on the win. What a great college football game. Clemson had way more talent than I thought going in. But the trick play which Clem is famous for went against them on great call by Bama (onside). Proved to be the difference in a close game. Watson is a player!