• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Up deer hunting this past week and yesterday I needed to go to the store in Webster. Just for kicks I drove to Jefferies Landing to check for ice. There was some in the bay but it was open besides that. Heck, even saw a boat out in front of Ike's. But on the way home  today there were people out fishing on the ice on the Clam Falls Flowage in Polk County.

Yeah I hear ya. We won't have in the cities until the new year or after maybe. It is not good. People are losing money like mad right now. Hoping there will be ice in Burnett Co. area by this weekend. I've been having to drive all the way up to Red to get on ice. 

Just a quick report. After the three day cold snap, I headed up yesterday to see if there was any fishable ice. Went to Jefferies landing on Yellow first. It looked locked up all of the way across but nobody out fishing. Drove over to the landing near Ike's and it was frozen out to about the break and then there were some open water spots. No good. Did find 3" over on Upper Clam Lake and did fish but didn't do well at all. FYI.

Edited by Sinker
Left out a word

Fished big wood today. Found an average of 10 1/2" of solid clear ice with 1"-3" of drifting snow on top. Fishing was slow. Really had to work for those biters. There's been some small vehicle and wheeler traffic out there as well. 

Good luck

-Zander 

Returned to Big Wood on Sunday with a couple of friends who just wanted to get out of the house. Fishing was very very slow. Measured 12"-12 1/2" inches of solid black ice. Even drove the car out to the spot. There was some other light vehicle traffic (small SUV's and cars) and some permanents out. 

Good luck,
-Zander