• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance HDS Gen 2 or 3 Touchscreen Units on Ice

ZacAttack0201

I've got a Lowrance HDS 9 - Gen 3 touchscreen unit in my boat and wondering what all I need to use it out on the ice.  I know I need the blue connector ice transducer and have gotten that, but my main issue is power.  My buddy is running something similar, but his power is running off DC, I am preferring to run mine off a 12V battery since I'm usually not sitting in a shack or in my truck.  I picked up what I thought was the right power cord for this from my local Cabelas, but there are 3 different cords coming out of the one blue plug in.  Can I just cut off all but the red/black power? Or do I have the wrong cord?  Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you for the responses.  bltbowhunter, for whatever reason cabelas had me get a "power" cable with 3 wires coming out of the blue plug - it's got power, the networking and it has a GPS power.  Do I need the GPS Power line at all?  That's the primary reason I want to use this unit on the ice is for the GPS function (something I don't have on my trusty FL18).  I did check my boat and that blue connector power cord only has the power and network.  I'm okay cutting off what I don't need, just trying to be budget conscious and make sure I'm cutting anything off that will limit functionality.