• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mite need Therapy?

leech~~

Feeling a bit depressed lately.

Didn't get a Deer this year. :(

Mille Lacs is now truly the Dead Sea. :(

Haven't caught a Looper on the Northshore in like 3 years. :(

The Vikings lost to the Packers-again! :(

I need words of encouragement and hope that the future will be brighter. :(

1. Thanks for "going green" on the deer harvest

2. There are 9,999 lakes waiting for you

3. I've never caught a looper, although I enjoy their relatives, the yoopers on my Michigan trips.

4 Aaron Rodgers will be 39 for the season of 2022-23...Packers should be ready for a younger HOF QB by then.

Glad I can help

I feel your cry for help brother, I to did not harvest a deer this season nor did any one else in my camp. We even went as far as bring in a local healer who made us wear robes. We started off with some chanting and then things got a little weird there for awhile. We were asked to drink lite beer and trim all the fat from our steaks. Lucky for us we came to our senses before we starting writing down the GPS numbers for our deer stands and crappie brush piles. This will pass, the eyes will return to your lake and the deer will once again walk the trails and cross into our shooting lanes. Grouse will flutter down to sit in the trails before us and rabbits will hide behind skinny trees in full sight. Gas will remain low and the wife will encourage us to plan not one but two extra fishing trips come spring. I see a relative buying a new ice castle and needing someone to hold on to a key and use it, the castle as needed. The depression will pass, all you need to do is chant a little.. Ummmmmmm Ummmmmmm Ummmmmmm

I feel your cry for help brother, I to did not harvest a deer this season nor did any one else in my camp. We even went as far as bring in a local healer who made us wear robes. We started off with some chanting and then things got a little weird there for awhile. We were asked to drink lite beer and trim all the fat from our steaks. Lucky for us we came to our senses before we starting writing down the GPS numbers for our deer stands and crappie brush piles. This will pass, the eyes will return to your lake and the deer will once again walk the trails and cross into our shooting lanes. Grouse will flutter down to sit in the trails before us and rabbits will hide behind skinny trees in full sight. Gas will remain low and the wife will encourage us to plan not one but two extra fishing trips come spring. I see a relative buying a new ice castle and needing someone to hold on to a key and use it, the castle as needed. The depression will pass, all you need to do is chant a little.. Ummmmmmm Ummmmmmm Ummmmmmm

Amen!

Funny how human nature can work.  I was going to write about what an awesome year I had in the outdoors this year.  Walleye a plenty, best crappie year in years, and the best deer hunting we've had in over a decade.  Our "team" is brimming with confidence right now.  But now I read your post and wonder?  When will my cold streak start?  How long will it last?  Instead I should just enjoy the run and hope you too get on one of these good streaks where it seems like every decision you make in the outdoors is a good one.

I know one thing, showing up is 80% of the job.  Fill your wifes tires with air and hit the road yourself in pursuit of whatever you're after.  It'll come.

Well to someone that hunts in the 9 day area, the Monday after gun season is one of the hardest days of the year.  That's a week in the rearview mirror already, which is good.  Sure you can still bow hunt & will a little, & there's muzzy yet, but the big pregun bow push & the frantic hunt every second you can gun season is suddenly gone.  Now the hourly off time routine of checking the updated hourly wind forecast on the computer, just isn't as important...  It doesn't matter where the best stand to be in tonight is, when you're not going...

It seems like when it gets dark on New Year's Eve you're tired & it's really cold out & there's finally enough ice you can drive on the lake when you go fishing tomorrow, it's just not quite as bad.  Maybe friends are coming over or you're going out.  There's Bowl games to watch & the NFL Playoffs are right around the corner.  College Hoops has hit the Conference schedule where the great games happen almost every night.  You still want to be in the woods, but the snow's often gotten deep by then & it's just too freaking cold to sit out there very long anyway.

Even when it's been a great season we still can't wait until the snow starts to melt & we can go look for some sheds, maybe figure out exactly how we're going to haul all that dump back to that remote spot to build that 37th deer stand.  Or 4th, or 203rd, or whatever.  We're excited to get the boat out or do some shore fishing for crappies.

The Vikings will lose to the Packers again at some point & we will beat them again at some point.  I wanted them to win pretty badly, but as a Vikings fan, I've learned to handle "occasional" disappointment...

Some good news and some bad news. First,  President Obama will soon be out of office-good news for most denizens of this swamp.

The bad news-who ya gonna blame for all the bad things that have happened to you!

What do you mean?  They blamed Bush for everything bad that happened in this country through at least Obama's first time.  I see no reason that precedent shouldn't be extended to Obama...

Some good news and some bad news. First,  President Obama will soon be out of office-good news for most denizens of this swamp.

The bad news-who ya gonna blame for all the bad things that have happened to you!

Wait, did I post this in Silly Town? :whistle:   Go back to the box and play. Thanks for your help. ;)

Feeling a bit depressed lately.

Didn't get a Deer this year. :(

Mille Lacs is now truly the Dead Sea. :(

Haven't caught a Looper on the Northshore in like 3 years. :(

The Vikings lost to the Packers-again! :(

I need words of encouragement and hope that the future will be brighter. :(

We're supposed to have a very mild winter this year thanks to El Niño.

Wait. From your other posts it appears you're a snowmobiler....Sorry Leech

We're supposed to have a very mild winter this year thanks to El Niño.

Wait. From your other posts it appears you're a snowmobiler....Sorry Leech

Ya, that was going to be in my March update Therapy session! ;)