• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's coming..... Ice Fishing..... ICE ICE BABY

Rick

Up here in the Northwestern corner 80 percent of the sloughs are frozen over and with single digits and 4 mph winds I wouldn't doubt if the smaller lakes are capped over by tomorrow morning. The Red Lake River was an ice flow today so that should be frozen solid by morning.

Small lake in NW MN today. Found a small 15ft lake with 2 inches of ice on it this afternoon. The Red lake River is still open but I still am hopeful of getting out on the 4th after thanksgiving plans. If i'm lucky it'll be on Red. One can only wish....

Snapchat-7368462225163388158.jpg

I'm hoping to get on the ice in south central Minnesota or the Mississippi backwaters around Winona by the middle of December. Based on the current long-range forecasts that is probably being too optimistic.

I will be happy if I am ice-fishing by Christmas down here around Cedar Rapids, IA in this monster El Niño year.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Dang it. Two nice days in a row. No ice around here in southern MN. On the bright side, got in some extra english springer spaniel training. Might head out pheasant hunting in a few days.

COME ON ICE!!!! December 12th... PLEASE BE WALKABLE :D

offdah, ummmm wow, errrr uh Good Luck??:eek:

Judging by the weeds in the foreground, the wind looks to be blowing out of the bay they are sitting in. The guys in that flipover may have found themselves slow-trolling, and/or having to wade back to shore.

The forecast for this next week looks somewhat encouraging for ice-making, more than it did a week ago.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll be heading up to southern Minnesota next weekend with my auger and gear if everything works out.