• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Major Toyota Recal

All 1993 Toyota Camry models being recalled

Toyota Recalls 1993 Camry Due To Fact That Owners Really Should Have Bought Something New By Now. TOKYO—Saying it was simply time for drivers to move on, Toyota Motor Corp. issued a recall of its entire 1993 Camry model line Wednesday due to the fact that its owners really should have bought something new by now. “We understand that the 1993 Camry was tremendously dependable, but, honestly, there’s just no excuse for driving a 22-year-old car at this point,” said Toyota spokesman Haruki Kinopilea, adding that, with all the advances in automotive technology that have taken place, no one really had any business driving a vehicle for more than two decades. “We’re not saying you have to buy a new 2015 Camry or splurge on a flashy new hybrid, or even that your new car has to be a Toyota at all. But the bottom line is that you need to start fresh, however you choose to do so.” While Toyota is reportedly confining its recall to the 1993 Camry, it also issued a warning to owners of 1994 to 1998 models alerting them to the fact that they were really starting to push it.

Edited by Jeremy airjer W

Clever marketing, if in fact it is a real piece.  Actually, I beat around in a 28 year old M-Benz and would not give a fig for something newer. But then,  you might want to divest yourself of that old Toyota because if you need a PART for it be prepared to mortgage your house to afford it.

They DO make nice little cars though. And they obviously have some creative people handling their marketing.

By golly Rundrave, I have not heard of the Onion.......only in a vague sorta way. And you are right,  I did not pay that much attention-I was blinded by the sheer brilliance of the ad campaign. I stick with my original assessment of Toyota's: nice cars but they will kill you with parts and maintenance. My wife drives a Solara convertible and now has about 100K on the clock.  Great little car, very impressive-and she has been driving SL' Benzes most of her adult life but she really likes this little  car.  But oh Lord when you need a part or servcie>>!!  Ha Ha H

Dotch:   I chased a 1949 Studebaker for several miles before I realized He was chasing me. I thought we might end up in a head on collision but then neither one of us could figure out what was the front of the other one?