Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gunner55

Idling issue on 02 Yamaha 115

5 posts in this topic

At low rpm's it acts like it's not getting enough gas, particularly when it's in neutral & idling. It will die but start right back up, not as bad when in gear but still touchy at 800-1000 rpm's. It runs fine the rest of the time. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas boatfixer or marine man? 

I presume this is a 4 stroke?  Does it behave this way when the engine is cold and warm?  It sounds like it's only doing this when it's idling, but doesn't typically die when it's in gear?

Just asking some clarifying questions :eek:

marine_man

Yes it's 4 stroke. It's worse when it's cold but does it when warm too. Only when idling & usually won't die when in gear. Thanks MM 

I forgot to mention that the boat was winterized & stored earlier this week. So it might be Spring before we get back at it. We are heading back south tomorrow so I'll be away from the computer for a few days as well..

With the weather we're having we've been thinking about pulling the boat out of the shed, so I thought I would bring this thread back up. Checked the owners manual / troubleshooting section & it mentions a couple of problems with the ignition system as well as some others. Bad coil, coil wires? Could the start switch have something to do with this? I know that it wasn't working properly at times last season. Anyone else experience this? Stopped by the mechanics shop yesterday but they are still doing seasonal hours & weren't open.