• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ronda Rousey

I see the Ronda Rousey bubble bursted last night. Go figure, the one time I don't watch UFC online and it's the biggest upset in history! So much for the Mayweather talk (which was an absolute joke by the way!) Congratulations Holly Holm. I didn't think she had a chance...hence the reason I didn't attempt to watch it.

Rousey was the best of what.......? 20 women on earth that fight at her weight and she seemed to be poised for not only fighting men but a run for the presidency.  The problem with the world is how fast people are put on a pedestal no matter what they do.  Good news about this is we get to see how fast they can fall.  Literally.  Congrats to the other fighter.  

I'm soooooo glad Holly decked her...I detest Rousey. I have never seen her display good sportsmanship against any of her opponents; just attitude. It's been a long time coming, and who better to do it than the usually cheery, perky, Holly.

I look at last nights fight like the Silva vs Wideman fight, everyone thought Silva was unbeatable and he would walk right through Wideman he got cocky and got beat.  I think this was one of the first fights Rousey let her stardom get to herself thinking Holm was a cake walk onto a 3rd fight with Tate and she got beat bad.  She didn't even look close to the same fighter as her other fights, she needs to get her head right train smart and the rematch should be a better fight.

If Rousey doesn't dump her team, then I don't think she has a chance in a rematch! I have never heard a single person in the MMA community say that her trainer is even half decent! And it certainly showed in this fight. Her mom was right...she probably seen first hand how horrible the training camp was for this fight, and that's why she went public with her disdain. I was certainly sick of Rousey's lack of class, and it all culminated at the weigh in for this fight. Holm is pretty much a choir girl, and Rousey still disrespected her at the weigh in. Holm wasn't the least bit intimidated either. I watched the weigh in after I watched all the fight highlights, so it's easy to say now, but maybe Rousey was actually scared? Rousey looked horrible, and totally out of shape! She looked soft compared to the chiseled frame of Holm. I think she's mentally broken forever now, and Holm wins the rematch in much the same dominating fashion. They each deserved the outcome they got!

Ronda

I am a casual fan of Ronda don’t really follow her every move but I did keep an eye out for the results of her fight with Holly. Now that the dust has settled I think Holly was the better fighter in this fight and Ronda did just about everything wrong that she could do. In mixed martial arts you don’t fight to your opponents strengths you go after their weak points unless of course you think you are better then they are at their set of skills. Ronda is not a striker, not a kick boxer but she is well skilled in judo. It would appear that her coaching staff did not press that point with her.

Ronda has been ordered not to fight for 180 days, just about the right amount of time to heal and get a few movies made that are already planned. I expect that during this time she will heal and I hope she will take a hard look at her training staff and come back after Holly doing what she does best. I do find it amusing that people are climbing out of the woodwork to bad mouth her ( Ronda ) and make Holly out to be the a savior of a fledging sport. Holly deserves the attention that she will be getting and I hope she wears the belt well, After 50 fights as a kick boxer and a fighter she deserves to enjoy the rewards of being Champ. Now the hard part for Holly, she has to hold on to the belt.

UFC 200 is the popular venue for the rematch. I doubt it will happen though. It would be suicide for Ronda to take an immediate rematch after spending several months doing movies and such. More than likely, both Holm and Rousey will be fighting other opponents in their next fights. Perhaps Holm/Tate and Rousey/Zingano 2?