• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just won a Tikka Tc Lite SS 25-06 at a fundraiser, actually it was a 270 but I worked with the gun dealer who was the donor to change the caliber.  I cant wait to get this gun, it should be in my hands in two weeks.  Now optics, I put on a viper HS on a 7mm ruger two years ago and really like it, you cant beat the warranty of vortex.  I am not a sport shooter by any means so will mostly use this for deer or yotes, i basically just wanted a 25-06. 

Does anyone have this rifle, if so what optics did you pair it with and are you happy?

I don't have that gun, but I do have the caliber. The one main drawback to it is the price of ammo. It''s usually always more than a 270. At Cabelas a blue box of 270 is $21 and $32 for the 25-06. Premium rounds are closer to the same price and Hornady Whitetails rounds are the same(I'm trying these this year). Other than that issue, it is a great caliber for deer. Doesn't kick, but has more ommph than a 243. Sounds kinda cool when you say it too.

Have fun with the new gun!

I bought one of them several years ago. After looking mine over another guy at deer camp had one the following year. We both love the gun and the 25-06 seems to be a great deer caliber.

I paired mine with a leupold vxIII. The guy at deer camp put a nikon buck master on his.

Congrats on winning a great gun, we are both extremely happy with ours.

I don't have that gun, but I do have the caliber. The one main drawback to it is the price of ammo. It''s usually always more than a 270. At Cabelas a blue box of 270 is $21 and $32 for the 25-06. Premium rounds are closer to the same price and Hornady Whitetails rounds are the same(I'm trying these this year). Other than that issue, it is a great caliber for deer. Doesn't kick, but has more ommph than a 243. Sounds kinda cool when you say it too.

Have fun with the new gun!

Ammo cost and finding it every where. But it is a nice round to shoot.

Just won a Tikka Tc Lite SS 25-06 at a fundraiser, actually it was a 270 but I worked with the gun dealer who was the donor to change the caliber.  I cant wait to get this gun, it should be in my hands in two weeks.  Now optics, I put on a viper HS on a 7mm ruger two years ago and really like it, you cant beat the warranty of vortex.  I am not a sport shooter by any means so will mostly use this for deer or yotes, i basically just wanted a 25-06. 

Does anyone have this rifle, if so what optics did you pair it with and are you happy?

Terrible gun, you don't want that thing.  Hate to see a guy get stuck with a gun like that so I'd be willing to buy it off you for $100 if it helps you out. :grin:

Well I decided to top it off with a Zeiss, here are the specs:

Specifications for Zeiss Terra 3X 4-12x42 Rifle Scope:

Magnification:4x-12x
Effective Lens Diameter:42 mm
Exit Pupil Diameter:10.5 mm - 3.5 mm
Twilight Factors:13-22.4
Field of View at 100 yd:28.7 ft 10.8 ft
Diopter Adjustment Range:+2.5 | 2.5 dpt
Eye Relief:90 mm
Parallax-Free in yards:100
Adjustment per Click at 100yd:0.25 inch
Adjustment Range Height at 100yd:42 inch